Transfer Emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Transfer Emails

What happens to secondary email when Rogers internet is cancelled?

I found in the forum, that if Rogers internet is cancelled, then the next time you login to  email, you will be prompted to transfer to yahoo.ca.

Is this:

1. still correct,
  2. apply to the secondary accounts also ( or just the primary)
  3. apply to all folders that were created in the rogers domain

Thanks

Hello, @TEN_10

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. When the Rogers High-Speed Internet service is cancelled the Primary email account followed by the Secondary accounts will get terminated. 

When all the conditions are met, most importantly the Primary email account has been terminated and the password is valid there will be a prompt to create a new @yahoo.ca email account if you try to login to webmail. During the creation process, all the emails/folders may get transferred. It may also work for the Secondary accounts. 

Please note the prompt to create a new @yahoo.ca account may not happen at all for either Primary or Secondary accounts. 

If you are planning to cancel the Internet service, the best option would be to use an email client like Outlook and save your emails. The other option would be to move your email account to a friend's or family member's account. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Rogers Main,

Your latest post in this dialogue uses may twice i.e. "all emails/folders may get transferred and may work for secondary accounts.  Furthermore it says "may not get a prompt to create a new yahoo.ca account".  

Why the doubt?  What could cause this transfer process to fail?  What does one do if you don't get a prompt to create a new yahoo.ca account?

If the next best thing is to use Outlook (which I don't have at present) how does one "move/save" all my old folders?  Please provide a detailed process.

Thanks,

Daffy44

I Plan to Stick Around

Another question.  Can the "Contacts" also be transferred on cancellation of @rogers.com?

Daffy44

Hello, Community

Yahoo has made changes to its email operations and as part of those changes, the feature discussed in this thread of moving the @rogers.com email account to @yahoo.ca email account upon termination of Rogers Internet service is no longer available. 

For email backup options, please see the Messages 37, 38 and 39 of this thread. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

For all those who are following this thread I have found another solution for keeping emails AND your @rogers.com email address, on or after cancelling a Rogers internet/TV subscription.  I have this from Rogers internet tech support.

You can buy or subscribe to a Rogers RocketStick, a usb device/service to which all your emails can be transferred, for $7.05 a month on a 24 month contract or $179.00 outright purchase.  On cancellation of your internet service it would take about 24 hours to transfer all  emails to the RocketStick service.  

I did not ask the question if this would include emails transferred from the inbox to folders on the server or the contacts list or calendar.  However, I got the impression your email is not cancelled because you are still subscribing to another Rogers service product which works as if it were your "internet". 

Also confirmed with tech support is that RogersMoin's earlier post that moving to @yahoo.ca is no longer available.

Daffy44

I Plan to Stick Around

Correction to the Rocket Stick being the solution.  The device wont help without a data plan.

You need a data plan to keep the @rogers.com active at a minimum of $10 per month and can do so without a Rocket Stick (bring your own device).

Daffy44

I Plan to Stick Around

Gmail makes it very easy to transfer from @rogers.com to a new @gmail account.

I was able to transfer all my Rogers saved emails together with all folders and my contacts with the very easy prompts provided when I set up a new @gmail account.

In addition, I was able to export my Rogers calendar to a .ics file and import into @gmail. 

I tried to do the same thing with @yahoo.com but could not transfer emails but contacts were allowed. 

All set to go with @gmail.

Daffy44

Hello, @Daffy44

I'm glad that you have successfully transferred your @rogers.com emails to a Gmail account along with the folders and the contacts. 

Thank you for your contributions and sharing this great news with the Community. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

"To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield"

credit to: Alfred, Lord Tennyson