Transfer Emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Transfer Emails

this is presented to me

!
Close your Rogers Yahoo! username and create a new free Yahoo! ID.
Our records show that you called Rogers and requested cancellation of your Rogers Hi-Speed Internet service. Your Rogers Yahoo! username (xxxxx@rogers.com) is no longer active. If this is an error, please call Rogers Customer Service to reactivate your service.

• To reactivate Rogers Hi-Speed Internet service, call 1-888-288-4663.

If you have canceled your Rogers Yahoo! account:

• You can still access your personal information such as Mail, Address Book, and Messenger friends by creating a new free Yahoo! ID.
  • If no action is taken in 0 day(s), you will lose your existing settings and personal information, and if you purchased any Premium Services (such as Yahoo! Canada Personals), they will be automatically canceled.
  • Any personal information in your Rogers Yahoo! account will be transferred to your new free Yahoo! ID. Note: This process is NOT reversible and some personal information may not be transferable.
  • Choose "Close & Create ID" to transfer your canceled Rogers Yahoo! account to a new free Yahoo! ID.

I've Been Here Awhile

then this comes up everytime i input a new yahoo id

Create New Account

Create a new free Yahoo! ID to save your account information.

Fill out all required information marked with a red asterisk (*)

Alert! Please correct the errors highlighted below.

Yahoo! ID New Yahoo! ID:
* @yahoo.ca
(examples: "dairyman88" or "free2rhyme")

Choosing your Yahoo! ID
You will use this information to access Yahoo! each time.

Hello, @j_bishop

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for joining the Community and posting your concern with all details. Just to confirm, is your Rogers High-Speed account terminated? The email address/account you are trying to migrate, is that the Primary account?

In some cases trying a different browser may help, have you tried it yet? 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks  the account was just terminated.  primary account possibly. tried different browzer and same issue

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I merge my Rogers email account with another Yahoo.com email account?

I was told when I cancelled my Rogers Internet sevice that I would be able to merge my Rogers email account with a Yahoo.com email account. I never received any information on how to do this & cannot find any info on how to do it. Can anybody out there give me some instructions on how to merge my old Rogers email account with an existing Yahoo.com email account? Thanks.

Dave J.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless its changed...

I beleive, after you have actually fully canceled.. that you no longer have service, etc.. (not just started the cancelation)

That the next time you log in, it will prompt you to convert it over.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Thanks for your response. That's what I was told when I cancelled my service, but that never happened. My Rogers account has remained active & I can still access it online. So my question remains - how can I actually get the old account deleted, now that I've cancelled my service, in order to get it converted into a Yahoo account?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Send a message to @CommunityHelps, they may be able to look into your account for you.

My wifes aunt, just recently went into a nursing home, so canceled all her rogers at her home.  Almost INSTANTLY her email was deleted/turned off. 

So something has to be keeping yours alive.. something attached, etc.

Do you have a rogers cell, etc? Some other service?
Just trying to think of stuff which might keep it around for some reason.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Transfer emails from @rogers.com to @yahoo.com.
1) Will I be able to transfer all old emails stored in folders?
2) will I be able to transfer my calendar?
3) will I be able to transfer my contacts?
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Daffy44,

Welcome to the Rogers Forums Smiley Happy.

Thanks for posting your questions here. I just want to clarify first, are you cancelling your Internet service and that's why you're looking for options for your @Rogers e-mail account?

Look forward to your response!

RogersCilio