Transfer Emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transfer Emails

Hello @jreinders ,

The option to create a new @yahoo email address is automatically presented to you when you sign in to webmail with @rogers.com email. This option is only presented when it detects your @rogers.com email is terminated.

During the process of creating new @yahoo email address, it will also attempt to move across if there are any emails on the server.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Moin

Thanks for the quick answer

I have two concerns I was hoping you could address please:

1. It sounds like I I would need to terminate my existing @rogers email account before being able to establish the @yahoo account ?
  2. With my @rogers webmail I have 1000s of emails (sent and recieved) history going back to 2003. How can I be 100% certain of retaining all these with my new @yahoo account?

Thanks again for your help!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

NOTHING is ever 100% 🙂

I would always take OTHER percautions as well.

How are you currently collecting your email?
Is it all downloaded to a email client? (windows mail, outlook, thunderbird, etc)??

Or is it all on webmail.

IF its all downloaded to a client.. its not the end of the world.  You can actually set up ANY email address to work with that same profile, all the mail would still be there, etc.

If you are using just webmail though..
PERSONALLY, i would connect your current email to a email client at least ONCE.. and have it download them all.
At MIN if something goes crazy.. while they may not be ON your new webmail, etc.. you would at least have a copy of them SOMEWHERE 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

Can yu be more desriptive because I do not get any promts to transfer.  How do I export from Rogers Yahoo to just plain Yahoo?

Andy

Hello @Flanders, Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. The prompts are only presented when Yahoo determines your @rogers.com email is in “Terminated” status. When your @rogers.com email account is active then it will simply log you in.

Just so you know, your @rogers.com email is linked with your Rogers High Speed Internet account, so your @rogers.com email remains active as long as your Internet service is active, hope this helps.

Please feel free to post if you have further questions.

Cheers,

RogersMoinSmiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Once the @rogers is terminated, are all my emails also erased? How can I complete the transfer?
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@RogersMoin wrote:
@the prompts are only presented when Yahoo determines your @rogers.com email is in “Terminated” status.

Hi @Flanders

As @RogersMoin has mentioned aboved, the option will appear automatically when you sign into Yahoo Mail. This will only happen after the account is cancelled.

Your emails should carry over as well.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

... and could you please confirm that this will only work for emails in the primary account, and not for any emails that are stored in secondary accounts (i.e. other created rogers email addresses)?

Thanks!

Hello, @Phineas69

Thank you for your post. I have seen the transfer working for secondary accounts as well, but I would be very cautious as the emails present in @rogers.com account may not get transfer over to the newly created @yahoo.com email account.

This is how I would proceed if I’ve important emails/contacts on the server side (Rogers’ webmail)

• I will export my contacts (Contacts/Actions/Export)
  • I will use an email client like Outlook to configure my @rogers.com email with the settings “Leave a copy of message on the server”

Now that I’ve configured Outlook, all the emails which are on the server will be downloaded to my PC. In this way, I’ve a copy of all my contacts and emails in the event of any mishap, hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Ive tried this and everytime I try to input a new yahoo ID and press submit it comes back to the same telling me to input a new yahoo ID