Transfer Emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Transfer Emails

I was wondering if anyone knows how to transfer emails which are currently stored on my Rogers web access account to a new Yahoo email account.  I've been able to transfer my contacts but have not been able to transfer my emails.

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Transfer Emails

In theory this should work: https://secure5.trueswitch.com/generic/index.jsp?customer=rogersyahoo  (Edit: on closer inspection, this transfers only TO a Rogers Yahoo account, so if that other account of yours is not a Rogers one, it won't work). When I tried it, however, it kept saying that my Rogers Yahoo account name or password was wrong (could not be authenticated).  But hey, it's worth a shot. Here's how it works: http://www.trueswitch.com/rogersyahoo/help/

The more painful manual option:

This seems to work, though it can take several minutes for the stuff to transfer:

- In your new account, go to Options, Mail Options, then Mail Accounts.

- Click on Add and add your Rogers Yahoo account information. Make sure you enter the POP3 information (server = pop.broadband.rogers.com  seems to work fine). Make sure your username and password are correct.

- MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE OPTION TO LEAVE E-MAILS ON THE SERVER. Just in case something goes wrong...

- That will send a confirmation e-mail to your Rogers Yahoo account, so you'll have to log in to that account and click on the link in the confirmation e-mail

- Log in to your new account.  It might take a while, but your e-mails will start flowing in.  I got 100 the first time, then later I was up to 380.  E-mails in folders do not seem to be retrieved, so some manual work may be involved to move those around.

I noticed that some timestamps are out of whack. Like some old e-mails stamped with the time it retrieved it from my Rogers Yahoo account, while they are much older than that.

NOTE: If your other Yahoo account is not a premium account (unlike your Rogers Yahoo account), you cannot use a POP connection to get mail OUT of it like you can for your Rogers account.  POP retrieval requires a paid account.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you so much.  I will give it a try and hopefully it works!

I've Been Around

I was wondering if anyone knows how to transfer emails which are currently stored on my Rogers web access account to a new Yahoo email account.  I've been able to transfer my contacts but have not been able to transfer my emails.

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortnately.. there really is no easy way 😞

Yahoo doesnt even have any way of doing it between yahoo accounts, etc...
A few other providers KINDA do.. but even so, not really 😞

(the yahoo help on it, says just for FORWARD your new email all the ones from the other account :P)

Only way to really retain them, etc.. is to then download them to a 3rd party 'offline' email program.

I've Been Around

I have jus tinsyalled windows 8.1, and transferred my contacts to windows mail from my rogers/yahoo. but none of my contact groupings got transferred, can anyone help me with this?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

I recently switched ISPs from Rogers .. of course my @rogers email has been terminated (only 2 days ago) .. My emails were being stored on the server.. is there any way I can get all my old emails transferred off the server over to my @yahoo email account? .. or have I lost them. Someone told me that Yahoo and Rogers email accounts can be "linked" but I never figured out to do that in time for the swtich. 

Thanks in advance ....

Hi @TracyA 

If you try signing in to webmail using your rogers.com email address and password, it should prompt you to transfer over to yahoo.com and transfer whatever information was stored on the rogers.com server. If you were downloading your emails etc using an email client and did not select the option to keep a copy on the server, Yahoo will not have the ability to transfer anything as Rogers didn't have the content. Also this transfer option only applies to the primary email account.

Hope this helps!

UPDATE - July 2017: Yahoo has made changes to its email operations and as part of those changes, the feature discussed in this thread of moving the @rogers.com email account to @yahoo.ca email account upon termination of Rogers Internet service is no longer available

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.. got it. .. well I tried logging in to webmail and it did give me the message indicating it would transfer and to create a new id.  Then somehow kicked me out and then got the message as logging in that I had to call Tech Support within 90 days to have it switched. Did that, found out it had already been transfered to a similar account. Found it .. got it .. all is good. Thanks for your help.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Shaun

I am in a similar position to Tracy. 

I would like to move all my mail across from my current @rogers account to a new @yahoo account.

Can you please describe how to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Johan.