Transfer Emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Transfer Emails

Hi RogersCilio,

I was inititially thinking of cancelling but no longer will do that.  I have been a Rogers and before that a Shaw cable customer for over 38 years.  I will continue my internet service with Rogers.

I just would like to be able to migrate my saved @rogers.com email folders and their contents plus my calendar and adressbook to either yahoo.com or yahoo.ca.  If the answer is yes, I'd like to know how to do it.

I also have a few disposable email adresses @yahoo.ca.  What happens to those? 

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Hi there,

When your Rogers Cable account is cancelled, there will be an opportunity to convert your Rogers email account in full to Yahoo. I know of no way to do that ahead of time.

Brian

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it also depends where you store your emails, do you store them in a program such as Microsoft Outlook or do you use the WebMail to check your rogers.com email ie: by going to a web page and logging in?

I Plan to Stick Around

I use webmail and also access the emails on my iPhone

Hello, @Daffy44

I understand you may have a lot of emails and folders which you would like to maintain, regrettably, there is no easy way of transferring them. May I ask the purpose of transfer? If it's for backup purpose then the best option is to use an email client like Microsoft Outlook etc. and download them to your computer. 

@Community - any more ideas on this issue, please chime in. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

The reason I want to transfer my emails, contacts etc to yahoo.com is that now that I am retired I may move out of the Rogers internet service area at some point in the future, could be years away... or never.   I would like  to transfer everything now before I have to cancel my service and make sure everything moves over with a live active service still in place in case anything goes wrong or gets missed.

If yahoo.com won't work without terminating my internet service is it possibe to transfer all my folders to gmail?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Daffy44

I moved my email from Rogers Yahoo to Hotmail/Outlook using a local mail client.  I setup both accounts in the local mail client, then copied/moved the individual folders & contents.

Contacts & Calendar I didn't try - just recreated.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Daffy44  You are dealing with the same reason why I am aiming to potentially drop Rogers Internet, although I have been with them for last 12 years, bell for a short time in between due to a poor upgrade process, and prior to that, as long as Rogers has had Internet.

Mine is also the reality of costs as my salary reduces with disability benefits, before I switch to retirement, and I need to get the equity out of my home in order to live comfortably.

Not that the reasons really matter that much.

This link provides a method to import all your yahoo mail to gmail.

http://www.wikihow.com/Switch-from-Yahoo!-Mail-to-Gmail

Pretty straight forward and probably the most simple way.

http://www.wikihow.com/Switch-from-Yahoo!-Mail-to-Gmail

You could also do it with a email client like outlook, or others, attach your yahoo account to one folder, and your gmail to another, and then copy all yahoo email to the gmail.  If you have them both synched with IMAP, it will populate your onliine gmail with the yahoo messages.

You can repeat the same process for each of your secondary accounts, set up gmail accounts for each one to go to, and do one account at a time.

Good luck and all the best wishes on where ever you go in retirement.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I ran a business for 3 years and did use my @rogers.com email address during the course of my business.  I often backed up my PST file as well as individual folders from outlook and burned it to a CD-ROM every few months to create backups of my emails because I had important info that I would need to retain.

A lot of the time people don't actually have a "technical" problem with their @rogers email and just want to know how to do something, but I find the agents on the phone aren't equipt to handle these kind of calls and that may be absolutely acceptable and understandable, since these kinds of trouble are not an actual Rogers issue, so its totally up to Rogers to decide if they want to train their employees on providing "computer support" for transferring emails back and fourth.

I noticed with a lot of providers these inquiries usually fall out of the scope of their support, and that is perfectly fine, there are other avenues to get support for such issues, but not all of them may be free. One of them is to have an on-call IT guy, who does such things for you. yeah its gonna cost you some money but if you have sensitive info that needs backed up, you should probably trust the professionals with these kinds of inquiries.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks BS.  I've had a look at the wikihow URL you provided.  My problem is that I have over 60 folders and subfolders and the method described only transfers the contents of the Inbox so I would have to transfer each folder into the Inbox individualy, and do the whole process 60 times... a lot of work.  Using A CSV file for contacts is not practical if the import process dumps all the info in one field.

I was hoping for a quick solution.