Terrible Bandwidth Caps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Terrible Bandwidth Caps

Yeah.. personaly i wonder, if at least its a 'change' date maybe? Out east, we have already seen the express plan with 500g usage, etc.. i am wondering if they at min, may be changing the usage values after that date?

Donno.. guess we will have to see!

I'm signed up already, so im ok.. my wife is loving netflix without worry Smiley Tongue

I've Been Around

Bandwidth caps on the upload side are even worse. If you were thinking about using cloud storage you can't the throttling on the upload side is extremely excessive. Unless of course you spend hundreds per month. Sucks really.
I've Been Around

Rogers is almost a monopoly ... not required to answer anyone! A simple tool for the customer to track the Internet usage is either down or not available. As yet I have to see Usage icon on my Account. A sophisticated company with high priced techs cannot keep this Usage tool on line for the customers. That is not proper business to inform the customer last minute that over 75% used and cannot be seen on their accounts - then a ding for high usage on the statement  that over 100%  used  & a bloated bill. Hope someone takes notice of this rant from their customer 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Where are you looking for the icon. I can track my bandwith usage each day by longing into MyRogers and scrolling down a bit. There is a section called my Services and by clicking on Internet option I have can bring up a screen that has a graph showing the monthly trend as well as the option to check a numerical list for each days usage.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Seems to work here.

Able to log into MYROGERS, then internet.  Shows the Total of your alloted amount.
Then a graph of the daily usage

Then links to history, daily, etc.
(which all work for me)

If you make a major change, or just signed up.. it seems like it can take till the NEXT billing cycle for it to show up.

(Rogers KIND OF has a monopoly in areas.. primarily for the reasons that Rogers is the one that pays for the infrastructure to get there.  But since major forced upgrades a year+ back, pretty much 90% of the areas that rogers provides services, there are 2-4 TPIA (Third party internet access) providers that also will have internet access through the cable available.  Start, TSI, etc.  So there are other options)