Technical reasons to move to the new CGN3ACR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Technical reasons to move to the new CGN3ACR

Ok, so 192.168.100.1 does work if you connect directly to the second port but not if you connect through the firewall?  Have a look at this post from DSLReports.  Maybe you need to establish a firewall rule:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29900103-Modem-Router-Rogers-New-Internet-modem-CGN3ACR-~start=120

I Plan to Stick Around

No firewall rules needed ... Hitron just needs to fix the way it advertises 192.168.100.1 ...

Perhaps Hitron needs to take a lesson from CISCO, Motorola, etc. Because they do it correctly. That was the whole point of my previouse post.
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

You will be pleased to learn that with the latest firmware upgrade HITRON fixed the 192.168.100.1 bug.

As of today, March 25, 2015, in bridge mode the login page now works properly.
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

Any improvements with wifi range?  I insisted on staying on my hybrid plan instead of upgrading to the ignite plans when I renewed earlier this month.  I use the CGN3 as a stand alone because when I attempted to connect it to my dlink router, my speeds on wifi would go down to 10mbps dispite the fact that it's 5ghz router. Never could figure out why and gave up on it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i dont have one.. i would DOUBT it.. unless they used a really different antenna in it.

Its still an internal antenna.

(as well, the CGN3ACR is not NEEDED for the new ignite plans, you can use a CGN3 just fine)