cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Rogers Yahoo Calendar with Android cellphone with DAVx5

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

I had been following Rogers Yahoo advice to use the CALDAV link to see my Calendar on my Android (Samsung S9) cellphone.  That link is no longer available; Rogers advises to use a 3rd-party app to sync the Calendar.  I paid for and installed the DAVx5 app.  It seems to work, but I can't get it to sync my Calendar automatically.  I get a notification message that "Authentication failed-check login credentials".  I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Is anyone familiar with DAVx5?  

Thanks,

hunterpiper

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Syncing Rogers Yahoo Calendar with Android cellphone with DAVx5

RogersTony

Hello, @hunterpiper

Thank you for posting your concern.

I can understand how frustrating it is to have this app, that you've paid for, stop working as intended. Regrettably, we are not trained on how to get this specific functionality to work. The Yahoo Mail app should have this functionality built into it but I can see why you'd want to use this app that you've paid for.

Is anyone in the Community familiar with CALDAV that can assist here? I will tag in a few of our RE's that may be able to provide insight: @57, @Datalink, @-G-, @Gdkitty, @Pauly, @ColdGranite.

Feel free to chime in.

RogersTony

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony  I don't know (and have no way to test this) but according to this support article DAVx5 should work with Yahoo Mail.

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Thanks RogersTony and Resident G for your replies.

I should add that, several months ago, I downloaded the Yahoo Mail app and have been using it successfully for getting my Rogers Yahoo e-mail and contact lists on my cellphone.  But that app does not handle the Rogers Yahoo Calendar, so I have had to get a 3rd-party app for this.

DAVx5 states that it has successfully tested its app with Yahoo Calendar, and it does link my Rogers Yahoo Calendar on my desktop computer to my cellphone.  In fact, it initially syncs it  with the Samsung Calendar app on my cellphone after installation.  However, when I enter new calendar events to Rogers Yahoo Calendar via my desktop computer, DAVx5 does not update those changes to the Samsung Calendar  app on my cellphone.  Instead, I get an "Authentication failed-check login credentials" notification on my cellphone.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  I am using my Rogers Yahoo e-mail username and password as credentials as they are stored in my Rogers Member Centre settings.  Is this the correct procedure?

The DAVx5 app is not expensive, but if anyone can advise on other 3rd-party apps, I would be grateful to learn about them.

Thanks again,

hunteriper

I cant provide any help on this as I dont use the Rogers provided email address nor do i know what level of syncing is permitted on this email.

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Recently I had some success with the DAVx5 app in syncing my Rogers Yahoo E-mail Calendar on my desktop pc with the Samsung Calendar app on my Samsung Galaxy S9 cellphone.

The issue was that the battery power settings on my S9 were prolonging battery life and were blocking auto-sync.  DAVx5's user instructions were aware of this issue and had advised them to avoid the "Maximum power saving" setting in the cellphone's Android Settings>Device care>Battery>Power mode.  So, initially, I selected the "Optimized" mode.  It turns out that even this mode blocked access to DAVx5's auto-sync.  The solution is to select the "High Performance" mode.

When I did so, I found that the DAVx5 auto-sync that I had set up began to work, in the sense that every time I added a calendar event to my Rogers Yahoo Calendar on my desktop pc, that event appeared in the Samsung Calendar on my Samsung Galaxy S9 cellphone according to the 30-minute sync interval that I had set up.

My only remaining issue is that new events entered into my Samsung Calendar do not appear on my Rogers Yahoo Calendar.  So I have "one-way" but not "two-way synching.  I am guessing that there may be a Rogers Yahoo Mail/Calendar setting that needs to be changed to allow synced events.

Does anyone have a suggestion on this further issue?

Many thanks to resident expert Pauly and to the other community members who replied to my post.

hunterpiper

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation