Switching from RogersYahoo to Yahoo!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching from RogersYahoo to Yahoo!

Hi, I'm leaving rogers later this week, so my rogers-yahoo email address will be cancelled.  The problem is that I've been using it to register with Yahoo!Small Business (I've got some domains registered there etc) and I still need to be able to access that.  Ive created a seperate Yahoo email address but cant figure out how to switch the login emails

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Switching from RogersYahoo to Yahoo!

Never done it myself

But from my understanding from when the reps have posted on here.. when your service has been canceled, and your email then disabled, upon trying to log into it, you will be prompted to transfer/change it to a yahoo one.

Not sure if you can do it to one created already.. or if it has to be created durring the transfer process.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your quick answer.  Smiley Happy  

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have a Yahoo account independent of Rogers and have had it since before Rogers and Yahoo were associated. Yahoo is free. I don't know why you would lose your yahoo account if you leave Rogers.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

He has a Rogers email..  but when you look at the stuff for it.. it often says you have a 'rogers yahoo email'

I'm a Senior Advisor

I would recommend everybody have more than one email address.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh definately.. i have.. 3-4?

Problem comes down to how long you have had one, etc..

My roger email is back from the rogerswave BETA program Smiley Tongue
How many MILLIONS of sites have i signed up with it?  Could never go and change them all, etc. Smiley Sad

Having known more back then.. would have used a NON isp based one as my main email.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty @OLDYELLR

I don't know if you guys are still around, but with your experiences over the last 3 years, is it possible to switch internet providers and keep your RogersYahoo email address with Yahoo? 

In other words, keep your existing Rogers email address that is also registered with Yahoo. 

I am going order up a dry DSL line for unlimited internet access and higher speeds for a much cheaper price than Rogers can offer.  I don't use Rogers email so I don't have a problem. But since my spouse uses her Rogers email, she doesn't want to tell everyone to change her email address. It looks like Rogers have got a lot of people over a barrel on this.  I wish I knew more back then too. Smiley Sad  I could have told her to use her gmail as a primary address instead. I am sure Rogers won't help on this one.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think that there are options to switch it over to  a YAHOO address.. but would change from XYZ@rogers.com to XYZ@yahoo.ca sort of thing

Only way to really keep a rogers.com address.. would be to move it over to another person who is on rogers account.
Only problem then is whey will have full control over potentially deleting it, etc.