Suffering Packet loss

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Suffering Packet loss

Not at all.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Suffering Packet loss

Ok, if this is a regular occurrence, my thoughts would be that someone in your neighbourhood might have a device connected to the network that shouldn't be connected, or, that he or she is a bandwidth hog.  In the case of a device that shouldn't be connected, that device would be transmitting data that would show up as background noise.  There might be a distinct difference in noise levels and as a result, a difference in the modem's signal to noise ratio.  I'd copy the modem's signal level table, before and after 2 am and paste the data into a document such as MS Word, so that you can compare the data.  You should be able to call tech support and ask the tech to look at the historical data.  I don't know the timeframe of that data, every minute, every five minutes, etc, etc?  In any event, it could show a difference pre to post 2 am.  

As for determining the presence of a bandwidth hog on the network, that's a good question.  Maybe @RogersAndy might have some ideas and tools available to see the usage overview of all users connected to a particular network card at the neighbourhood node.