Suffering Packet loss

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Suffering Packet loss

OFDM Downstream Overview
ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
04K275600000YESYESYES-3.799999
1NANANONONONA
Upstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDBandwidth
130596000ATDMA - 64QAM51.75036400000
213700000ATDMA - 64QAM51.75016400000
323700000ATDMA - 64QAM51.75026400000
OFDM/OFDMA Overview
Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
1DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Datalink, I ran all testes wired connected to the modem with a short cable (around 1meter long) .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CristianBotelho call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep to run a signal check on your modem.  That test should fail automatically, or, if it doesn't it should just about fail.  Your three DOCSIS 3.0 upstream channels are at or above the failure point depending on the point of view.  DOCSIS 3.0 upstream power levels are topped at 51 dBmV according to the DOCSIS spec.  Rogers uses 52 dBmV to define a failure point, so, your upstream levels sitting at 51.750 dBmV might trigger a failure.  

In short, you need a field tech to determine what the problem is, an external cable problem and/or a connector problem, or possibly both.  The packet loss that your seeing might be the result of the modem having to exceed 52 dBmV to maintain comms with the CMTS.  In theory, by now, the modem should be shutting down one channel and pushing up the power on the remaining two channels in order to maintain comms with the CMTS.  After that, if necessary, it will drop down to a single channel upstream mode.  In each case, you will see the effects as your data rates will drop.  

So, call tech support, ask for a signal check and let the CSR know that your upstream DOCSIS 3.0 channels are at the limit and that you're seeing packet loss when you ping the CMTS.  If you're seeing any other problems with any other services such as Cable TV or Home Phone, let the CSR know. 

Please let us know how tech support responds. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, I`ll call tech support.

Look above is a half an hour of the test running. 

image.png

I Plan to Stick Around

So I called Roger`s tech support and they will send a ground tech to check my home and the cables at street. Let wait for. 

I will let u know any update. 

Thanks for your help and all those information u provided. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The tech guy came here, and fixed the upstream. But works for 4 hours and now I am without internet. I called rogers again and they will send another tech in 2 days 😞 

Before I had Internet but with alot of loss.. and now I am Zero Internet.