Slow Speeds (30 down/ 2 up) on Ignite 100u

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Re: Slow Speeds (30 down/ 2 up) on Ignite 100u

Well given that you said it was escalated, meaning I believe that a ticket was submitted, I hope your issue is resolved soon. I can't follow anymore today as I'll be taking calls soon. Happy holidays.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes some sort of network activity flooding the cable could be an issue.  However, I would then see that activity on my computers.  I have reviewed the network activity of my computers (Windows / Linux) based and they are idling. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@voidmain, this is pretty simple.  There is either a problem:

1.  At the CMTS itself; or

2.  A severe cable issue resulting in one channel down and one channel up; or

3.  A problem with the modem itself.  However, you indicated that the same problem existed with your Fido service, so, I suspect in that swap from Fido to Rogers you changed modems as well but the problem persisted.  So, scratch the modem as the root cause.  

In any event, the modem is running in survival mode, with one channel up and down which results in the severe data rate limitations that you are seeing.

So, the problem has been escalated to Tier 2.  What you need is the ticket number so that you can call into tech support looking for an update for that ticket number.  If you have this problem, then perhaps so do your immediate neighbors.  The cabling for you and your neighbors is common down to local tap.  From there the cabling splits, feeding your home and those of your neighbors.  So, the question is, where does the problem arise, at the local tap or further upstream, affecting you and your neighbors, or, from the local tap to your home affecting only your cable?  Tech support would be able to tell you that, but the fact that this has been escalated to Tier 2 leads me to think that its something further upstream.  Personally I would find out what the ticket number is and call in every day looking for a progress report.  There isn't anything you can do at this point and restarting the modem numerous times is not going to fix the channel situation. There is some problem further upstream that requires attention from senior techs or maintenance staff and until that happens, this situation isn't going to change. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink regarding the modem, Fido swapped the modem twice.  This is my first Rogers modem.  As you wrote, the fact that the problem persisted with two separate Fido modems, and now with the first Rogers modem would seem to eliminate the modem as being the problem.

I will call in again to request the ticket.  Rogers was supposed to send me a SMS when the ticket was started/closed. which hasn't happened yet, however I only opened the ticket on Saturday.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah, ok, with the ticket raised on Saturday, and this being the Christmas holiday time, it might be a few days before this is resolved, but, if this is a widespread issue, as in with all homes connected to the one output card at the CMTS, this might be resolved much faster.  It all depends on the number of customers affected I would think.  

I really don't understand why single channel operation, both up and down, which signifies an larger issue was not recognized much sooner that this.  That doesn't make any sense at this point.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Internet slow on Ethernet and Wifi

Hey everyone,

I've currently been having issues with my internet connection, I have the CGN3 modem/router from Rogers when I upgraded to Hybrid Fibre 60.

Rogers recently upgraded my internet for free for being a customer for 15 years, and gave me the new 100/10 package with my current usage.

Problem is, after they upgraded my internet, the ping times started to vary between 8-45 vs. before at 10-20. I find that websites load slower on my main computer and wifi connections are still running but nothing loads sometimes. Speeds are fine,Rogers.JPG but loading times took a major hit.

When the internet stops loading and after I turn the wifi on and off on the devices, I sometimes have to resort to to my Freedom data, as it loads much faster than the Wifi sadly.

I have exchanged two CGN3's, reset the router 10 times, and I have factory reset the router 3 times.

And I still have the problem.

Never had the problem before, but it started after the upgrade.

Any help? Could it be the cable line connection outside the house?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink So Rogers was able to correct the problems on my circuit, and now the cable modem has blue lights for the up/down icons, and a speed test at Speedtest.net to Beanfield delivers about 130Mb/s at 9:30PM.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That sounds much better.  If you ever have problems down the road, don't hesitate to call Tech Support or post a question in the forum 🙂

Hi @Thedude62,

Welcome and thank you for your post in the Community Forums.

We can definitely help troubleshoot the issue. Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can review your account. To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

In the mean time I'll also tag our Resident Experts @Datalink and @Gdkitty for their insight.

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Thedude62 what did you upgrade from, in terms of the modem?  I'm assuming that you went from an SMC or Cicso DPC-3825 to a CGN3xxxx modem.  The modem model can be seen on the product sticker on the back of the modem.   It would be good to know the exact model and the current firmware version as is seen in the Software Version data when you log into the modem.  The STATUS page is displayed automatically when you log into the modem, and that page contains the Software Version (Firmware).

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 in conversation