Slow Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Slow Internet

The problem is happening again. I've ran multiple tests and my ping and download speed are fine, however my upload speed is incosistent. Any suggestion? I do have a temporary cable from the greenbox to my rogers box outside my house.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is the temp cable hanging up in the trees or is it on the ground?  Just wondering.  Any idea when the crew will arrive to bury the cable, and do you have a work order number for the cable bury?

The temp cable is hanging up in the trees.

Also, "as of 2015-08-09 5:07:07 PM your order has been placed in Assigned to Contractor status. If necessary, we will now apply for locates and/or permits so we can proceed with your order. Your order status will be updated when this occurs."

I have no idea when the crew will arrive to bury the cable, and I do not have a work order number for the cable bury.

I really do hope that it would be  buried ASAP (next 1-2 weeks)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That permit process could take days, maybe weeks. 

Do you think that replacing the coxial cable wall outlet would help?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wouldn't do anything until the external cable is replaced, but, it might be worth a tech visit to check the temp cable and ensure that its still ok.

Is it possible if Rogers can run a diagnostic on the temporary cable? So that if they find a problem with the cable, they can send a technician out?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Absolutely.  It doesn't make a difference where the cable is.  The test that the CSR runs will simply indicate whether there are a large number of bit errors on the download and upload test.  You should indicate to the CSR that your downloads are fine, but the uploads are very slow.  Have you run speedtests on another pc or laptop, and if so, did you obtain the same results?

Its entirely possible that the temporary cable needs to be temporarily replaced Smiley Happy

It may be a problem with the coxial wall outlet. I'll replace the female adapters and replace it with this. Is it ok?

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.