Slow Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Slow Internet

Those signal levels aren't the best in the world, the downstream should be at 0 dBmV and the upstream should be in the 36 to 40 dBmV range.  Having said that,  they should still work.  What plan are you on and what are the wired download / upload speeds you see from a speedcheck using http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html or www.speedtest.net using the Toronto Telus server?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Plan: 100U

Rogers Speed Test Results:

-I keep timing out

Speedtest.net (Toronto Telus Server):

-Download: 101.19MBPS

-PING: 10MS

-Upload: 0.03 (NOT ABLE TO FINISH THIS TEST)

What do I do now?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now I ping off of one of the mods and get @CommunityHelps involved.  Watch for a private message via the envelope icon at the upper right hand corner of the page when you are logged into the site.

Message passed to @RogersHassam  Watch for a private message from him or @CommunityHelps

Thanks for your help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, ok, scratch that question, I see that you're in a house.  This might be more node related, not just a simple cable issue.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @RyzenFX,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Internet service. We can certainly assist further. CommunityHelps has reached out to you via PM. Please check your inbox. 

@Datalink, thank you for assisting with this issue. 

RogersHassam 

I've waited a couple of hours and the download and upload seems to be fine however, the upstream and downstream are still not good (as @Datalink mentioned).  I've noticed some delay in when playing games, especially shooters.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you have time can you run a couple wired download / upload speed tests using http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html or www.speedtest.net using the Toronto Telus server and post the results again?  Please run them a couple of times just to ensure that you see a consistent result.

I've ran the tests and everything seems consistent. I'll keep a close eye and will update, if needed.

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.