Setting up Rogers Email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Setting up Rogers Email

I just reformatted my computer and I'm having some trouble setting up Rogers Email through my Outlook Express. I already have an account I've been using professionally for years. I'm having trouble with the settings I think.

At first I logged in and was able to see all of the Inbox (100 odd items) and Sent Items perfectly fine. Then I logged in using Rogers/Yahoo, both the Inbox and Sent items became blank. There were no items. I went back to Outlook Express and they're gone.

Furthermore, I've tried sending myself some emails and they showed up fine in the Outlook, but when I logged into the Yahoo they disappeared from both applications. The only items still in my account are the ones I just deleted (while testing what's wrong).

Is this temporary? Is there an auto-delete setting I've triggered? Where did my emails go?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Setting up Rogers Email

Solution: When I was using instructions from Google it didn't include one of the settings:

Tools -> Accounts -> Mail tab -> Advanced tab -> Leave a copy of the Message on Server (checked)

For some reason logging into Yahoo Mail triggered it to erase everything with the box unchecked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated solution :

Steps

1. Click Tools.
  2. Click Accounts…
  3. Click Add.
  4. Click Mail.
  5. In the Your Name window enter the following:
    • Display name: The name you want to appear in messages sent
    • Click Next
  6. In the Internet E-mail Address window enter the following:
    • E-mail address: Full e-mail address
    • Click Next
  7. In the E-mail Server Names window enter the following:
    • My incoming mail server is a: IMAP
    • Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    • Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    • Click Next
  8. In the Internet Mail Logon window enter the following:
    • Account Name: Full e-mail address
    • Password: Email password
    • Remember Password: Checked if you don’t want to enter the password every time you send or receive e-mail
    • Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): Should not be checked
    • Click Next
  9. Click Finish to complete the step.
  10. Click on the account on the list of internet accounts and click Properties.
  11. Click Servers.
  12. Check the box My server requires authentication.
  13. Click Advanced.
  14. In the Advanced window enter the following:
    • Outgoing mail (SMTP): 993
    • Incoming mail (IMAP): 465
    • This server requires a secure connection (SSL): Not checked
  15. Click OK.
  16. Send a test e-mail to confirm the settings are correct.
I've Been Around

Hi,

how about Not-Rogers emails? I have a work email with a private company, and I can not send anything. The receiving is OK though. I tried lots of solutios, and finally contacted Rogers customer service, and we went through all steps together, but still the same problem for sending emails was existing.

How this could be solved?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Assuming that your trying to send the emails through that 3rd party email provider, while on your Rogers internet connection

In most cases.. rogers BLOCKS the use of 3rd party SMTP servers.
Why?
There are many MALWARE/VIRUS's out there, which when on your machine would use 3rd party smtp servers, to use your machine for mailing out of spam, other virus's, etc.

Blocking the other SMTP outbound, helps prevent this.

How to fix?
Enter in a valid rogers email account information for the outgoing smtp.
So on your your incoming will be all the 3rd party information.

For the outgoing, put in the rogers outgoing server, and then set to use authentication, and use a valid rogers email credentials.