Second DOCSIS 3.1 Modem being released mid-2017?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersTony

Re: Second DOCSIS 3.1 Modem being released mid-2017?

Hello @maria772,

Docsis 3.1 upstream will definitely be a game changer for our upload speeds. At the moment, we do not have any updates regarding when that will be rolled out but I really hope it's soon!

I always keep my ears open for rumours of new equipment but at the moment I have not heard anything in the pipeline regarding a new modem. Stay tuned to the Community Forums and the Rogers.com website for the most up-to-date info. 

Thanks for your post! 😃

RogersTony

JohnBeaudin
I'm a Senior Contributor

Bell is aggressively deploying pure Fibre with symmetrical download and upload, I fear that Rogers will fall behind soon if they don't deploy D3.1 Upstream at least so they can give higher upload.

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin

With Bell also announcing their speeds will be increasing at least to 5Gbps as well next year it really is going to make people jump ship. Rogers being so quiet with their network upgrade plans is really not looking good. It's really unfortunate we lost Rogers Dave.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a Senior Contributor

@mcsandy

It's really unfortunate that we lost Rogers Dave because he was the heart of this forum and keeping us informed about what's going on, since he left we are kept in the dark. 

As for Bell they are really going up with their game, and it will be very hard for Rogers to catch them once they start rolling pure symmetrical fibre.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, now the Internet side of things, we are in the dark.  This was the one beta process that was well informed and kept us all up to date on where things were going.

Hope he is doing great things in his new job.

Bruce

prince7272
I Plan to Stick Around

I also wonder about the Docsis 3.1 Full duplex.  

Rogers has to understand that the upload speeds are really low.

With the normal Docsis 3.1 the max theoritical upload can be 1 to 2 Gbits and the download 10 Gbits

while in Docsis 3.1 Full Duplex the max download/upload can be 10Gbits.

I have the 500 where the upload is only 20Mbits and I don't even get that.

Does anyone know when Rogers is planing to increase the upload speeds and transition to 

Docsis 3.1 Full Duplex for symetrical speeds?

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

@prince7272

From what has been said on the forums and from the rogers CEO/CFO, its looking like docsis 3.1 on the upload later this year possibly. *obviously nothing guaranteed*

Full duplex was quoted 12-18 months from now so I wouldn't be getting too excited about it yet.

They are still working on getting docsis 3.1 on the downstream fully working properly before they even get into upstream.

prince7272
I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully Rogers moves fast enough this year for the upload because Bell is already moving too fast.
Today Bell is installing Fiber optics to my appartment and i am in Scarborough.
Let's see