cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe Sender List

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

A company I buy services from sends messages to me but they never seems to arrive.  The company says it has had similar non-receipt problems when sending to an @rogers.com email address. They say the problem can be solved by adding their email address to the Rogers/Yahoo Safe Sender List.

What is this list and how do I find it?

Thanks,

Dave.

**Added Labels**

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Safe Sender List

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sign in to Webmail. There should be a "gear icon" near the top right, which is your settings. Click it and go to "more settings" near the bottom.  Then select Filters and set up a filter which contains the sender's e-mail address and have the filter route any incoming e-mail  from that sender to your inbox.

This method assumes that the messages are currently routed to your spam folder (you can check that for yourself to see if they are there).  If the message is in your spam folder you can click the message and mark the messages as "not spam" and that may work. 

If the e-mails are not reaching you at all, you may need to contact Yahoo to get the issue resolved. A lot of times Yahoo will treat some sender addresses as spam that doesn't even get to your webmail.  This is true of senders that send out a lot of bulk mailings, which end up treated as spam that is rejected.  In that case the sender may need to contact Yahoo to convince them they're not sending spam.  

If that doesn't work, someone more familiar with this may need to provide you with suggestions.

Last resort may be to get yourself a Gmail e-mail address. Gmail doesn't seem to have as many issues as Yahoo.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I thought of one more thing. Add the sender's name to your address book in Webmail.

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your quick reply but I don't use Webmail - just Rogers/Yahoo.

I seem to recall there is a specific Safe Sender list buried somewhere within Rogers/Yahoo.  I used it several year's ago but can't find the list now.

I could get a gmail account but I have had my Rogers.com emails (6 of them) for may years and therefore must go through  Yahoo.

Dave.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@i75Dave wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply but I don't use Webmail - just Rogers/Yahoo.

Webmail is what it's called when you login to Rogers/Yahoo e-mail via a browser.  So, my suggestions still apply.

I also have 5 Rogers e-mails, but I set up one Gmail account for when I have/had such issues.

I use Outlook client on my desktop computer or Mail on my iDevices, but occasionally I login to Webmail to see if there's any real e-mail in the spam folder there. I also use it when I'm away from home travelling.

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

The situation is solved by compromise.  Since Yahoo/Rogers will not accept messages from the domain whileaway.ca ... and we cannot find a "safe sender" list, the company and I have agreed to correspond via a gmail account they have just opened to get around this situation.  Dave

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for the update. I have a couple of questions:

1. Did you login to Rogers/Yahoo (Webmail) and check your spam folder? Were there any messages from the company there?

2. You mention "they" opened a Gmail account.  Do you mean you now have a Gmail email address, or did they do something at their end.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depending on what rogers is using for filtering, etc..  sometimes things can get blocked due to the site/mail service having a BAD reputation.
Bad reputation can come from them being reported for spamming from the email, site having malware on it or the adds on it, etc.

For whatever reason, whileaway.ca, based on some of the bigger 'reputation' sites, comes back as questionable
https://talosintelligence.com/reputation_center/lookup?search=whileaway.ca
Their mail hosts, seems OK, though.. so it could just be their domain name triggering it
https://talosintelligence.com/reputation_center/lookup?search=smtp.greatmail.com

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

Hello,

Yes, I did login to Rogers/Yahoo and checked all my folders, including Spam but did not find their incoming emails.

And yes, they opened a Gmail account in the name of their CEO and now we are communicating through that. It works so the original quest for a Safe Sender list for "Whileaway.ca" is no longer an issue.

I need to close this conversation now since I'm leaving on an extended business trip and will not always have internet resources.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help

i75Dave
I plan to stick around

Gdkitty,

An interesting thought.  I have passed your comments on to the Whileaway company so they can look into it.

Cheers.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation