SMTP Authentication

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karl_kennedy
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: SMTP Authentication

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, all the settings are correct and mine match what your image states.

Here's the issue. I do undersatnd ALL the protocols put in place not only to be efficient but protect.

I also understand that maybe BLOCKS we're activated ebcause my macgine may have contained a "malware" or other similar bot. What I don't understand is WHY there is NO protocol to have legitimate requuest to "UNBLOCK" once it's been verified it's safe to do so??

HEre I am on Day 5 now. After calling a multitude of ill prepared , so called "tech" experts that don't even understand the basics of another computer operating system.

I've also tried to use the rogers credentials as directed by CSR number 6, who out of all of them did seem to be the more experienced ones, couldn't understand WHY when it was done exactly as they (or the instructions they are following) didn't work. So I get transferred to the TEch department who in turn asks me the exact same questions I've done previous and then proceeds to tell me a whole set of NEW errors and tries to do the same thing that I just told them doesn't work.

I just want my email to work!!!! What the is wrong with a company that can't help it's customers?? Tell me what the exact problem is and I'll fix it!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I guess the problem with UNBLOCKing.. would be likely it has to be done GOBALY, not just on one persons connection.
Rogers has no control over THAT then services server... if stuff was comprimised, could then be used by a bad company to spam out, using comprised rogers machines, etc.

That the OUTGOING is not working as a whole.. is the big question.
Just checked mine and my wifes.. and it DOES seem to work.

ONLY thing i can think... i forget if you mentioned this yet.
You have loged into the webmail correct?
One thing i have seen in the past, was that if there was say intrusion attemps (someone else trying to use your SMTP, etc or something local spamming too many connections at one time), it triggers a LOCK on the account.
Loging into the webmail at least once, often UNLOCKS it for pop/smtp connections again.

karl_kennedy
I Plan to Stick Around

hello All,

I forgot to comeback and update.

fter exhausting every avenue, it looks as if it is just an Apple MAil issue.

No rhyme or reason as to why it would do it. Apple apparently knows about this.

I deleted my accounts off the app and re-installed them and voila, everything works fine.

Very disheartening however that it seemed as if NO ONE could help. (Rogers, Apple, IT Pros). 

I just read something in a forum and thought maybe I should just wipe and re-install. 

Thanks to all that tried. It works for now.

View solution in original post

RogersMaude

Good day @karl_kennedy,

Thanks for updating the Community Smiley Wink

I am glad to see you were able to get this sorted out!

RogersMaude

mooxe
I've Been Here Awhile

GoDaddy SMTP Out Issue

Connecting directly from my PC to router via LAN cable.

Email was working fine for months and now I am getting an error. No changes made to Outlook settings. Sending email through smtpout.secureserver.net (GoDaddy) no longer works. I can check email via GoDaddy I just cannot send.

GoDaddy lists no changes or updates with its server and I have verified I can login to my email via the web.

Has Rogers changed something to force me to only use Rogers smtpout server or is there a solution?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, its quite possible.

Many ISP will do this, and block most if not all external SMTP servers from going outbound.
This will prevent a malwere, etc to be installed as a mail send program, using who knows who's STMP server and using the rogers service to spam emails out.  Putting these blocks, prevents it.

But, does block legit uses though.

You can though, just use the rogers SMTP servers for outgoing.
Just enter in a valid rogers account information for authentication.  

mharmath
I've Been Here Awhile

The following worked for Outlook on my Mac (after days of struggle...)

1. Log in to your Rogers email account (https://rogersmembercentre.com/rmcapp/remc.html#/signin?flow=YAHOO&userId=)

2. Go to Manage Email Accounts / Account Information / Authorized Applications

3. Add Outlook and generate key

4. In your Outlook account - set your Outgoing Server to smtp.broadband.rogers.com / port 587 / check Override default port and check Use SSL

5. Under More Options set Authentication to User Name Password

6. Set User Name to your rogers email account

7. Set Password to the above generated key