Rogers speed test lies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers speed test lies

If you replace your modem.. you can get 25mb speeds, (though still with a cap).

And you shouldnt be paying $80 a month, for express internet...

I Plan to Stick Around

Lol after all that you still don't get it, 15 is what I'm supposed to get, I signed up when the speed of express was still 15.  I just noticed that Rogers now charges 2 dollars for every paper bill that's sent out without ever warning me, so now I have to cancel paper bills, at least I can save 2$ 😄

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Doesnt matter that you signed up when it was 15.

I signed up, when it was 8mbps

IF you change your modem, you can get the faster speeds PERIOD.. for the SAME cost per month.

And express internet, is only 64ish per month, not $80

I Plan to Stick Around

Already called Rogers today about speed, he said 15 is the speed on my contract and the speed I am supposed to get, I used to be on extreme and this same modem did like 50 mbps or whatever it was.  I'm pretty sure your speed is whatever is on your contract, at least that's what Rogers told me when I asked why I'm not getting 25 even tho i'm express.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, you are getting 15, as you are on a grandfathered express package/plan.

When they brought out the newer plan speeds they made it a requirement to have one of the d3 gateways.

All one would have to do, is switch to one of these gateways and they can get the faster speed that the site shows.

You can switch to this regardless of what you orig signed up with, again as long as you get the gateway.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The modem I am using is cisco dpc3825, is this not a d3 gateway?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is..

You may have just got a stupid rep (which is a whole other thing.. there are users on this forum who know MORE than them :P)

From what i have gathered from talking to actual GOOD reps in the past, how their system works for the plans
Lets take express for example.

Express A) old speed of 15, etc

Express B) new speed of 25, etc.

With a D2, you can only put A, but with a D3, you can apply B to get the better speed. (can also have A on there)

I had that when i first upgraded to a D3.. the person FAILED to flip the plan.. so had the D3, but still the A plan.  They flipped it, and was boom at the B speed.
They should be able to switch this no issues (unless you have some WEIRD contract).  I was in a 2 year contract about 1/2 way through, when i did my change, with no issue.

I've Been Around

I personally have been having issues with my speed.

I just did 5 simultaneous tests from various testing sites.

4 said i was getting 15

1, Rogers said I was getting a shade over 25

The irony is that I'm supposed to be getting 45 MBPS

So **bleep** frustrating to pay for that speed and you get nothing at all like you were expecting!

I'm a Senior Contributor

@HDHNTR wrote:

The irony is that I'm supposed to be getting 45 MBPS

Thing is, I don't know what Rogers has been doing on their network for the past few months but speeds/uploads/power levels/upstream channel numbers are not stable or what they should be. There's posts in other forums about the same thing. It gets on your nerves cause we're paying over the top prices for substandard results. I think Rogers is stumbling around in the dark and hoping customers won't notice. It's been going on for too long to blame it on upgrades/maintenance.

Try this link here: http://speedtest.sourcecable.ca/  Very reliable speedtest.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As has been stated on this thread before..
With the rogers test.. it will usually be higher.. as its never actually going out to the internet at all.. just internal jumps.

But it does show, what the potential out of the house is (EG: the house is not the problem if you are able to get the full speeds).  I am on a 25/2 plan and can pull over 45 on the rogers one sometimes.

All that being said.. if you are getting only 25 on the rogers.. when you should be getting 45.. something is definately up.

Are you able to log into your gateway, and pull up what your upstream/downstream as Hogwash said?  At least trace down if that is what the issue is.
(I was having an upload issue 2 weekends ago, and when i went into my gateway, it showed my upstream channel was not locked.. is now (and seems stable))