cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers line physically cut to house...

Corx
I plan to stick around

Hi all,

I've purchased a house in an older neighbourhood. The Rogers lines in the neighbourhood run along utility poles and run overhead the roads and properties. The lines connect to the top of the house, they then run down the side of the home to the demarcation point and then into the house. I've noticed the line from the utility pole to the side of my house has been cut. It is no longer connected. It looks like the previous home owner had Rogers completely remove the line from the house and utility pole. Who do I contact to have this line replaced? Live Chat seems to not understand the issue and thinks a regular technician can fix it... I'm under the impression a special tech will need to be sent out to run a line from a utility pole 100-200 metres away from the house. The pole is also 40-50ft high... Is there a special number I can call? 

My concern is that I place an order for new service, the tech will come out only to realize that the line connection at my house is showing as "cold" because the line doesn't actually exist, then the tech will have to submit a ticket for another team to come out... Will this be a long process?

Thanks

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rogers line physically cut to house...

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Hi Corx.

There is some good news to this. It is very likely they can still provide service to your house upon ordering internet. I went thru a similar scenario in my old house but the line was underground and was not connected and they could not dig yet as the ground was still too frozen.

What they normally would do is run a temp line to a neighbour of yours to still give you service thru a temporary connection, then the technician would put a work order in for a cable crew to come out and run a new permanent line to your place when permitted to do so.

either way when they come out and realize the line is not working or does not exist, they must still give you service so thankfully they are allowed to piggy back off a neighboring connection and run a temp line.

Corx
I plan to stick around
Thanks, Pauly.

How long did it take for a line crew to come out and set things up for the permanent line? My neighbours will not like a line running across their property at all as their demarc point is in a pretty public place. (Basically across their front porch). If it’s a few days I think that would be fine, but weeks/months is not feasible. The line would also be stretch across a driveway too....

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
When I placed my order it was a long time ago and it was some time either in January or February so still winter and the ground was frozen. They ran a temp to my next door neighbours house. the Cable NID is on the side of everyones house here where I live so they simply ran it from one house to the next.

I think it was some time in April where they came out and burried a new cable from my House to the Street Pedistal and then removed the temporary cable.

Either way, yeah at the time it was a bit annoying but after time goes by you actually forget about it and dont care that there was a temp wire, its not something people should worry about as its meant to be temporary only
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation