Rogers email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers email

I am a new Rogers bundle user of 3 days. Everything is working pretty well (TV, internet, phone). However, I am having problems with my email. I am using a 3rd party programme, eM Client. When I receive incoming mail a window pops up on the screen and I have to close it before the mail is shown.

See picture........................ http://www.i-m.mx/Stagiere/Stagiere/

Any suggestion appreciated.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersKyleC
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers email

Is any member of the Community able to assist  with their issue?

RogersKyleC

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would assume the settings it has, do not have the right email(username) and password entered.

I'm Here A Lot

The correct email addy & password are used.

I gave a Rogers Techxpert acces to my computer and even he couldn't fix it. I am hoping somebody here has the answer.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And you are getting mail? Its not failing in retreiving, etc?

ONLY thing i can think, is that some clients lately have been having SSL security certificate issues with yahoos updated certs.

Beyond that.. not overly familiar with that client.. so cant offer much more on the settings, etc.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I am getting mail. The eClient program works perfectly, as it did with my previous ISP, except for the pesky window that keeps popping up.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So, does the program collect the mail from the server despite the popup, or do you have to enter your credentials every time, in order to collect the mail from the server?

I'm Here A Lot

It collects the mail automatically but I have to close the pop-up window to be able to read it. The pop-up prevents me from doing anything else on the computer. If I want uninterrupted browsing I close the eM Client.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So its continually poping up?

Hmm.. THat is odd... definately failing in some form.

Do you know what the interval the client checks?
Just thinking back.. i know some people have had issues with thunderbird in the past, where it was checking too often and causing partial lockouts..

I'm Here A Lot

It pops up at random but will always pop up when I click on "receive"..... It is driving me crazy. I may need to change programmes.