Rogers email update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers email update?

How can I get Rogers to update my email address as I have tried to do so without any success.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers email update?

Hi @alanj,

Thank you for clarifying your concern. 

The email you use to access your MyRogers and Community Forums cannot be changed. It is your username. You can however, change the email address for where your notifications are sent to.

MyRogers

1. Log into your MyRogers account and select Profile & Settings.

2. Scroll down to Contact Information and click edit.

3. Change the email used for notifications and Save.

Community Forums

1. Click on your profile picture at the Top right of the screen and select My Settings.

2. Under Personal, click on Email.

Hope this proves useful for you.

RogersRoland

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @alanj,

Can you please clarify if you're referring to the email address required to log into MyRogers to view your bill/account info, or, are you referring to your @Rogers address to view emails?

Regards,

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I need to update both my log in email address and the email address to which I am getting replies as I now have a rogers.com email address which I never had when I arrived in Canada.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @alanj,

Just to clarify, are you're looking to update the username of your address to access emails via our www.mail.rogers.com URL, I.E:  from JoeSmith@Rogers.com to BobSmith@Rogers.com?

Also, I will have @CommunityHelps contact you to further assist regarding your MyRogers profile.

Since the Community Forums is a public place, detail account information is discussed privately.

To learn more about Private Message you can visit this page here.

Regards,

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT MY QUESTION?

1) MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO LOG IN TO MY ROGERS ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.

2) THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO  WHCH YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.

ON ALL OTHER SITES IT IS A SIMPLE PROCEDURE TO CHANGE A SUBSCRIBER'S EMAIL ADDRESS!!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @alanj,

Thank you for clarifying your concern. 

The email you use to access your MyRogers and Community Forums cannot be changed. It is your username. You can however, change the email address for where your notifications are sent to.

MyRogers

1. Log into your MyRogers account and select Profile & Settings.

2. Scroll down to Contact Information and click edit.

Community Forums

1. Click on your profile picture at the Top right of the screen and select My Settings.

2. Under Personal, click on Email.

Hope this proves useful for you.

RogersRoland

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

THANK YOU FOR THE CLARIFICATION

Highlighted
I've Been Around

both

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersRoland and others.

In my experience in the last day, the following statement may be true for some, but was not for me

I was able to change it, just not through the my Rogers profile in the section change your user name, not the contact email section, under profile.

I couldn't do it because my new email address I wished to use was already registered as my contact address, so for some reason, you cannot change the user name online on your own under change user name.

I contacted the chat directly provided under the error message and was able to discuss with Chat and they explained the details I stated above of why I could not change it on my own.

They did it from their end, and I gave them the new email address and password via a security form.

I could now access my rogers under the new email address.

Did create some issues though.

Rogers Anyplace TV

I had to wait for the connection to manage my PVR to reset, but it did work after about 10 minutes.  The new login worked fine.

When going to Rogers Forum, it didn't recognize me under my previous user name for the Forums, BS, so I had to create a new one - checking with the communityhelps to see if this can be set back.  If not, I am now a different user, but the same person, same opinions, same knowledge, so if it can't be changed, you will know who to contact me if you want, and that as I post, I will include in my signature who I was previously for reference.

The other issue I ran into was NHL Centre Ice - I had to retrieve a new password for the new email address - it sent me the email, I reset it, had to reregister some registration items, but not all, and it is live again.

If you have Spotify, or other related services that are associated with the account, you may have similiar issues, but these are the only ones I have.

So yes the MyRogers can be changed, just appears that you need to do it through chat, or maybe phone.

Others may have problems, as I did initially,  but it can be done, just be aware that you may have to deal with some after effects.

Hope this is of assistance - Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Also be aware that if your login name gets changed like mine just did after changing my MyRogers login, you will need to go in and set set your settings choices on things like email, etc.

Bruce