Rogers email in IOS mail app

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers email in IOS mail app

Since Tuesday morning both my iphone and Ipad on the latest IOS/IpadOS cannot connect to my rogers email from the IOS mail application. This was added originally using the Yahoo option.

I can open my email in the webmail and in the Yahoo email IOS app.

Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks

Dave

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Rogers email in IOS mail app

Hello, @ymoboy.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. 

Are you getting any error messages? Have you tried accessing your email account through webmail? At times your email account can get locked out; accessing the webmail helps to unlock the account. 

Community - anybody else having email issues on iOS devices?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Many thanks for the reply. In the IOS mail at the bottom after 'checking for mail' message, I get Account Error. I click on details and it wants me to re-enter my password in the IOS account settings. This takes me to the rogers login page where i enter my password but nothing happens. This is the same on both my Ipad and my Iphone. In the account settings in IOS the Re-enter password function remains. No matter how many times I enter my password the issue remains. 

I can use the webmail with no issue, but the account cannot be accessed from the IOS devices. On my Iphone i have removed my account but when i try to add the account back, after the rogers login page it just gets stuck and never adds the account. Frustrating.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

I've Been Here Awhile

Have you tried deleting the account from your decide and re-add it?
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry. I didn't notice the 2nd paragraph 😂

Hello, @ymoboy.

Thank you for your patience. Since the problem started, have you rebooted the devices? Sometimes rebooting can help resolve such communication issues. 

The next step would be to add your email account using the 'other' option instead of using Yahoo. Below are the settings:

Incoming Server: imap.broadband.rogers.com

Incoming Port: 993

SSL: Yes

Email address: Enter your full Rogers email address

Username: Enter your full Rogers email address

Password: Your webmail password

Outgoing Server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Outgoing Port: 465

SSL: Yes

Email address: Enter your full Rogers email address

Username: Enter your full Rogers email address

Password: Your webmail password

If this step fails, we can look into creating an App Password. 

Keep us posted!

Regards,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Many thanks for the help. 

More info:

- I have rebooted both devices, still the issue persists when trying to add via the Yahoo option

- I looked up my email address in the Apple email lookup settings and used those for the Other mail option. Interesting this came back with imap.mail.yahoo.com as the host for the incoming mail server. This also failed!

- Tried the mail settings as detailed above but these also do not work. I get the error 'imap.broadband.rogers.com' is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct settings.....

- I then created an application password in the member services section for my account and used this as the password with the Other mail settings as specified above and guess what it worked!! I can now see my Rogers email on my iphone and my ipad again. 

Not sure why this stopped working originally with the yahoo option, but if anyone else has the problem that is how i resolved it.

Thanks again for the support and assistance.

Regards

Dave

I've Been Around

This worked for me too. What a pain but glad I finally got it.

Kevin
I've Been Around

Thank you for this. I had forgotten about the app passwords.