Rogers brings Gigabit Internet speeds to small business customers in Ontario

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers brings Gigabit Internet speeds to small business customers in Ontario

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers brings Gigabit Internet speeds to small business customers in Ontario

@RogersAsif wrote:

This is exciting. Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

What's everyone thoughts?

RogersAsif

I think it will be a popular product... but I think the big selling point for most business customers is going to be the 50 megabit/sec upload, not the gigabit download. 50 megabits/sec upload is going to keep some businesses on DOCSIS rather than spending the big bucks for serious symmetric fiber connections...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers brings Gigabit Internet speeds to small business customers in Ontario

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@RogersAsif wrote:

RogersAsif

I think it will be a popular product... but I think the big selling point for most business customers is going to be the 50 megabit/sec upload, not the gigabit download. 50 megabits/sec upload is going to keep some businesses on DOCSIS rather than spending the big bucks for serious symmetric fiber connections...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would think that you'll be offerring them a /56 IPV6 prefix as well  so that  their IT staff( the owners 12 year old!)  can do subnetting.    I realize that intially 75% of them won't even make use of IPV6...but soon.

This all sounds like a great plan to me.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's disappointing that my company is unable to choose this service as we require a static IP for our in-house Exchange server and VPN tunnel to a branch office we have.  Apparently the maximum package that supports a static IP is 150/10.  Curious as to the rationale for that as otherwise, we'd be all over this plan.  

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@jnardari wrote:

It's disappointing that my company is unable to choose this service as we require a static IP for our in-house Exchange server and VPN tunnel to a branch office we have.  Apparently the maximum package that supports a static IP is 150/10.  Curious as to the rationale for that as otherwise, we'd be all over this plan.  

The rationale? They want to make people who need more than 10 megabits of upload speed for "serious" use continue to buy "real", non-DOCSIS-based business-grade Internet for a lot more money... 

A 1000/50 service with static IPs and other 'businessy' features otherwise would make it very difficult to sell symmetric 100/100 fiber connections to most businesses... 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This gigabit service just got available in my area (Brampton). I just ordered it and im getting a tech to install it in a few days. Cant wait to share the results!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Speeds are terrible. I never get over 600 for download and never over 10 for upload. HUGE congestion and rogers is doing nothing and keep sending techs over and they do nothing. Ping is good but i get dropouts and reboots often. I have switched out my modem aswell but thats not the issue. Rogers knows about this issue but they are taking their sweet time to fix it. Pathetic. I will switch over to bell gigabit once its here. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You may be disappointed. Gigabit speeds are about 800 mbit or 100 MB/s. You might get higher than that in a speed test, but in the real world you won't.  Google Fiber did a presentation at the University of Waterloo and stated their gigabit speeds were 100 MB/s.Rogers.jpg

nzbget.jpg

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Can you post what your signals look like ( downstream and upstream) ? I can barely get 400 during the day and like 10 upload. Thanks