Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

Thanks, regenerating the App password fixed the authentication issue.  I didn't think this step was required for Android 5 and higher.  I'm currently on 9.

I've Been Here Awhile

I’m also experiencing issues with my mail. Using the default iOS mail client and email stopped working 2 days ago. I deleted my mail account and tried to re-add it. If I use the method where I select Yahoo as my email provider, I enter my credentials, but I just get returned to the select email provider page and nothing is added. If I select other and enter all of the mail account details manually I receive the following error: ‘The IMAP server imap.mail.yahoo.com is not responding...’

Any suggestions?
I'm Here A Lot

Running into the same problem for last two days. 

Hello, @cschmid.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for joining this discussion! We can certainly assist in resolving the email issues you are encountering using Mac Mail. 

What's the OS version are you running on your computer? If adding your email account using Yahoo as the email provider is failing then you have to generate the App Password. 

Please see the support article on how to generate the App Password and update the mail settings.

@fredgaspar - I appreciate your patience, most likely you may have to use the App Password to continue using your email client. You can check the above support article for more details. If required, please feel free to post more details about the OS, mail client and errors etc. so that we can help resolve the issue. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersMoin,

As mentioned in my post, this is using iOS on my iPhone X running 12.1.4

Hello @cschmid,

Thanks for providing us with the OS version of your device. The most recent version of iOS for your device is 12.2 which was released on March 25, 2019. It is recommended to update your device to the latest iOS version.

Have you attempted the steps outlined in the Support Article in Post 14 to create an App Password and update the mail settings? If not, please complete the steps and let us know if issues are persistent. Alternatively, you can download the Yahoo Mail App from the Apple App Store and you should be able to access your emails on your iPhone without issue.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers email login using Chrome.

Using Chrome, Rogers email login page does not load.  I get just the Rogers logo in the upper left and the word Francais in the upper right and the black line in the page header - rest of the page is blank.  I expect it is something with my Chrome settings.  I can login OK with Microsoft Edge.  Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm a Senior Contributor

I had the same issue with Chrome and discovered that clearing my browsing data through the Chrome settings provided a fix. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Perplexed : As mentioned by @Dugi , this is almost always a browser settings issue - like popup blockers, extensions, cookies, cache issues, etc. Here's a checklist for you.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

I can login just fine using Chrome.

I've Been Here Awhile

Many thanks to both Dugi and 57.  Disabling my Adblocker did not help.  Using Incognito did get around the blockage.  Also, clearing my browsing data (for "all time" - my hard drive rumbled away for 15 minutes) also did the trick.  Your suggestions very much appreciated.