Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

Cannot get emails on phone since password change

I see a lot of users had the same issue of being unable to get their emails after yahoo asks for the password to be added.

I changed my password and am able to access rogers email on my computer, but not on my android. It just keeps asking for the password again. 

It's been 2 days now. Is there something I can do to be able to continue getting email on my phone?

***Added Labels***

Re: Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

Hello @JD67,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I prefer to view all of my emails on my mobile as well so I can imagine how much of an inconvenience it is now that it is not working. If you have not already you can try deleting the email profile on your device and then add it again.

Are you using the default Android email client? If deleting and re-adding the email profile does not work then you can download the Yahoo Mail App from the Google Play store and you should have no issues accessing your email that way.

Keep us posted on what ends up working best for you!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Tony - I was unable to disable the default email on my phone so I just moved it off the screen and installed the yahoo mail app from Google Play store and now I seem to have my mail

Thx

JD67

I've Been Around

the answer?

Hello, @Mzpt.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate your participation in this thread; we can certainly look into fetching the answer. Please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing. Like the error message, email client, device details etc. so that we can suggest the solution. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

strange that my Virgin Bell  Email is OK with same rogers password. HMMMM !

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi All, for the last 24 hours, i can't connect to my rogers email account via Outlook.  I have no issues going online with the yahoo webpage.  I get the error that i need to put my password in.  5.7.0 error.  It says "Rogers PoP returned error 5.7.0 #aut005.  Too many bad auth attempts.  would you like to reenter your password?"  So i reenter my password but it doesn't work.  I've changed my password, and still, it doesn't work.  Help please!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Experiencing the same issues with POP and IMAP for the last couple of days and it only seems to affect 1 of 4 of our email accounts?  Came back last night around 9pm but gone again as of this morning.  Very frustrated with Rogers!

I've Been Here Awhile

yes very frustrating

Hey @ajaxwilly, @stinger2, & @nikki777

We all rely on our email for keeping in touch and for the various services we subscribe to. Thank you for posting the issues you’re experiencing so we can help anyone else that might be having trouble! Smiley Happy

We’ve noticed that generating a new App Password should resolve the password authentication issues you’re experiencing. Please see the instructions below!

Generate an App Password In the Member Centre
1.    Go to the sign in page.
2.    Enter the Rogers Yahoo! email address and password for the account you’d like to create an App Password for. Select Next.

3. Mobile: Select the menu icon member_centre_mobile_menu.png in the top-left corner, then Account Information.
Desktop: Select Account Information in the top-right corner of your browser window.
4.    Select Authorized Applications.
5.    Please delete the existing App Password that you may have already for your email client.
6.    Then, in the Name your password field, label your App Password with the name of the mail client it’s for, then select Generate.
7.    Write down the randomly generated app password or copy it to your clipboard.
8.    Enter the password in Mail using the instructions below. When you’re finished, select Done on the popup.

If you need a hand in updating your email client settings, please visit this help article.

Regards,
RogersTim