Rogers Yahoo email security

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers Yahoo email

I am not sure, but I am testing now by changing my password. 

The last time I changed my Yahoo password (June), my other devices stopped receiving email...

I'm an Advisor

Just finished testing. Upon changing my Yahoo e-mail password and sending a test message:

- My Android phone immediately popped a message,  telling me a "certificate error" had occurred. I was unable to send/receive email from my Yahoo account. 

- My iPad continued to work (send/receive new Yahoo email) even though I did not provide it the new password. 

So...my testing has confirmed what you found. This is very worrying, and I will be escalating the issue to Rogers and Yahoo support tomorrow during the day. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I thank you greatly for your time and I hope you have better luck then me of trying to get them to listen, since I was told to be paranoid and my request was ridi.....

I'm an Advisor

No problem, will update this thread when I get more information. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Comeing late to the thread.  Good research guys 🙂

It is suprising/concerning that the iOS devices are not needing the password change 😞

Luckilly.. only devices where the email was already installed this would effect.
Someone trying to ADD your email to their device.. would still need the password for it to do the setup on the device.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, but it also means that someone can still be receiving email since they have not been kicked out and I am told they cannot identify who is still connected / active on the account, previously or newly connected.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @charles99,

I called this in but encountered a very junior support person who did not understand the problem, even after being referred to this post. Rather than spend time trying to escalate, I opted to call back and try again - will do this tomorrow and let you know what I find. 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation