Rogers Yahoo email security

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Yahoo email security

After encountering a problem with my email, I have decided to change my password to ensure that whoever was sitting and viewing all emaills, would be kick out. To my surprise, when I changed my pasword, my wiereless device (iphone etc..) only received a message stating that the password has been changed, but were never prompted to enter new password, even after 7 days.

Decided to perform another test but this time i would be logged in through two PC simultaneously. Upon changing the email password on the first, moments later, the second started to churn and eventually requested the new password, which is what I expected, but the wireless devices were never requested to enter this password, but they did receive the email stating that the password was changed. They are still connected and able to send and receive emails (original password)

Now, since anybody can spoof whoever they want to be, how can i force the wireless device to enter the new password.

... They may not be friendly users

***Edited Labels*** 

I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers Yahoo email

Hello, 

It is possible that the "password has been changed" message went to your alternate e-mail address (also setup on your phone). Please try this:

- Change your Rogers Yahoo e-mail password, then wait 30 minutes. 

- Using your computer, send an e-mail to your Rogers Yahoo e-mail address. Did you receive it on the iPhone?

I Plan to Stick Around

Password was changed twice on Rogers mail accont.... the header is quite clear "YAHOO" informing of password change

I'm an Advisor

Rogers email is being provided by Yahoo - the services are one in the same. 

If you are getting a password changed message from Yahoo, it is for your Rogers e-mail account. 

Try the test - after a period of 30 minutes, send yourself a test message. Did your iPhone and other devices get the message?

I Plan to Stick Around

I perform that test twice...

As i stated in my initial message, I have changed my password twice so far with the same results

I Plan to Stick Around

After 30 min, 4 days, I still get the email and I can send also from the devices

I'm an Advisor

Okay, missed that part of your initial post.

Do the devices have a Rogers-supplied SIM card installed in them?

I Plan to Stick Around

The reply from Yaho (Rogers mail) even state that the password comes from account cp****@******.*** and I only have one account which starts with "cp..." thus right account password change, and it has been over 7 days now... > 30 mins

I'm an Advisor

Okay, I understand. Same question from my last post - do the devices have Rogers-supplied SIM cards in them?

I Plan to Stick Around

The reason why I am changing my password is too kick out anyone that is not suppose to be there, meaning a third party but not controlled by me. They could have the same devices as me to stay logged in.

Now if the devices are recognized by the network / server as being legitimate, because of their sim card and are not ask for their password then I can accept that as being secure.

Is this what you believe is presently happening??

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation