cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo Email Links Don't Work

Juggernaut
I've been here awhile

Hello,

A person I know asked me to ask this question. He is using Google Chrome on Windows 10 Pro all the latest updates installed. When he visits the Rogers Yahoo web portal (using his @rogers email address) he can log in, but when he clicks reply, forward, attachment, settings or pretty much any link inside the email web portal none of the links do anything.

We deleted cookies, cache, reinstalled chrome but it didn't fix the problem. We tried Firefox and Edge and everything worked fine with those two browsers. For now he is using Edge but he wants to go back to Chrome.

The only mention of this problem I could find was from a post in 2013 but no solution was given: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/I-can-t-compose-reply-or-forward-e-Mail-message...

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Yahoo Email Links Don't Work

Juggernaut
I've been here awhile

Solved the problem. I enabled Google Sync to backup passwords and bookmarks. Then I uninstalled Chrome in Control Panel. Then deleted the following 2 Google folders...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google

...then I reinstalled Chrome and everything is working now. He can click on reply, forward, cc, bcc, etc.. all the links now work in Rogers Yahoo webmail.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Juggernaut : I use Chrome (on a Mac) to access Webmail all the time, so it should work for your friend.  Here's a list of (other) things to try:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

Since it works with other browsers and since Chrome is supported, one of the things listed in the above link should do the trick.

Juggernaut
I've been here awhile

Yeah, he has been using Chrome on Windows for years, this problem started happening a few days ago. We've tried everything listed in the page you linked too, nothing works. Other than the person I linked too in my original post I can't find anyone else that has this problem. It is very strange.

Juggernaut
I've been here awhile

Solved the problem. I enabled Google Sync to backup passwords and bookmarks. Then I uninstalled Chrome in Control Panel. Then deleted the following 2 Google folders...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google

...then I reinstalled Chrome and everything is working now. He can click on reply, forward, cc, bcc, etc.. all the links now work in Rogers Yahoo webmail.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation