Rogers Yahoo E-Mail Delays & Missing Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Yahoo E-Mail Delays & Missing Messages

I know this thread is old, but I get the opposite effect to the original poster - I don't receive every email in my mail program but when I check online they are in the yahoo inbox. It's been like that randomly for 3 years.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been experiencing many issues with the Rogers e-mail.  First off I have been getting errors upon sending indicating that it did not send, then i tune in to check today and all my e-mails from the last month are gone.   This is frustrating.  Even the loadfing of the webpage on my  fiber connection at work sucks. There is an issue every few days.  I know I have new messages and they're not showing in my inbox.  this is unacceptable. 

I would call in to Rogers, but I do not have 2 hours while at work this morning.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which browser are you using?

Not that you SHOULD Be forced to use a specific browser.. but some users have had display issues in the past, using Chrome.. or using browsers with ADD BLOCKERS running.

I generally run IE10/11 on all my machines and never have an issue (other than if its down 100% ocassionaly).  But when its up can acccess/view all fine.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Mac laptop and it seems like I am not seeing my rogers e-mail from today. Can someone help. I see on the web that my rogers/yahoo e-mail account has e-mails for today.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @ramkha1

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your emails. Just checking in to see if your issue has been  resolved. Let me know if I can be of any help!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have been able to get it through yahoo.ca

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Great @ramkha1 

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Below are comments from a Microsoft tech when I went in to fix my issue which is: after replying to the same thread 3 times, it dissapears forever. Probematic for most folks carrying on a longterm conversation or a rapid burst of exchanges. We duplicated this issue while both sitting across from and emailing each other.

"Hi Ray,

I found a thread on the Rogers Yahoo community support site that seems to sound a lot like the issue you are having. One user claims to have inspected the email headers of his incoming mail and found that along the chain, random Yahoo servers were holding mail for hours and possibly days at a time. [he refers to this actual thread I am also posting on].

The issue we see with your account not receiving the third reply (and subsequent replies in the chain) sounds to me to be something similar. The fact that the mail never shows up on the Rogers Yahoo portal seems to confirm that it is not a device issue, as your phone cannot receive messages that never made it to the server to begin with. The one message that did come in several minutes later than was sent is also troubling, as the time stamp originally said 12:37 then corrected itself to 12:29, but maintained its received priority on the site above several other messages. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that somewhere along the delivery chain, that message is getting stuck between the servers. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an option to use POP3 on your phone like you can on your home PC that is unaffected. That would also narrow down the issue to the Yahoo IMAP setup as the pop.broadband.rogers.com servers seem unaffected.

My advice as this point would be to try and raise your concerns with Rogers and Yahoo to see if they can work together to resolve the problems. Otherwise, the only other options might be a separate email host or changing your Internet Service Provider.

I hope this information proves useful!"

If anyone has found a fix, or has some advice, I would love to hear it.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My messages I've sent today are missing.

What's going on?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

One of my e-mail folders has lost all but the most recent item.  How do I recover the other e-mail items?  I ceratinly did not delete the items.