Rogers - WiFi Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers - WiFi Issues

@Datalink I tried the IPv6 test at http://ipv6-test.com/ , and I am seeing ICMP Filtered. The rest are fine. I am not sure what to do next. When I check on the Firewalls Inbound Rules, I already see the rule for IPv6 ICMP named "Pingplotter 5 Allow ICMPv6 for UDP Ping".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, thats interesting.  You need to add an exemption for IPV6 ICMP.  That is a different protocol from UDP. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink The protocol for the rule that I mentioned is ICMPv6. The name is saying UDP Ping but the protocol is actually ICMPv6.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you running the modem in Gateway mode, or in Bridge mode with a Netgear router behind it by chance?

I Plan to Stick Around

The modem is running in Gateway mode.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, grrr.  I'm going to have to leave this for now as I have other things to attend to.  Have you looked at your antivirus firewall settings as well to see if you have to add an exemption there as well?

It seems that the title for the existing exemption is a bit odd, but I don't have time to look into that right now.  Thats the item to determine, is the exemption correct?  If not, then the thing to do is to wipe it out and add a new exemption manually.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am currently not using any antivirus. All of the above tests were done in Windows 7 Bootcamp. I switched back to MacOS and ran the IPv6 test serveral times and I got 19/20 (IPv6 ICMP was fine on MacOS side). I then ran PingPlotter on the MacOS but I am still experiencing packet loss on IPv6.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink Any idea on what's causing the IPv6 packet loss?

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I gave up on that CGN sucker and bought a router and use that instead. Everything works perfectly now. Thanks for the help Datalink.

I've Been Around

i am having this problem right now. How do I fix it?