cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Webmail: mailbox not syncing - must reauthorize of the Yahoo! app - where in the app?

Blaq
I plan to stick around

I have 3 mailbox defined in my Rogers Webmail. One of them, from a 3rd-party server (neither @rogers.com or @yahoo.ca), regularly loses sync: in email settings > mailboxes, it shows as "not syncing" and the message reads "To reauthorize this mailbox, please sign in to the Yahoo Mail app on the mobile device where the mailbox was originally added."

Screenshot 2021-12-20 122336.png

I've done this before, but now I can no longer remember where, in the Yahoo! Mail app on my iPad, I can reauthorize the mailbox.

• Where can I reauthorize the mailbox?
  • Is there a way to prevent Rogers Webmail from losing authorization, seemingly every month?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Webmail: mailbox not syncing - must reauthorize of the Yahoo! app - where in the app?

Greetings @Blaq!

You simply have to sign into the Yahoo Mail app on the mobile device where the mailbox was originally added. It's not intended to be any more complicated than that.

Please try signing out of the app entirely and then sign back in if you haven't already.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rogers Webmail: mailbox not syncing - must reauthorize of the Yahoo! app - where in the app?

RogersCorey

Greetings @Blaq!

It looks like you're in the right spot. Is this the same device that you originally added the account? If you're not, that's why you're seeing this error.

Here is another thread where @RogersMoin discusses a similar issue: Webmail - new Rogers/Yahoo Interface - secondary email won't sync and I can't "reauthorize"

Currently there is no way to prevent this from happening as it's intended to be a security feature.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Blaq
I plan to stick around
The device where the error message appears is my PC. The device where the mailbox was original added is the iPad. My issue is that I can't find, on the iPad Yahoo! Mail app, where to reauthorize the mailbox for other devices.

Blaq
I plan to stick around

Hi Corey,

If I open the Yahoo! Mail app on the iPad:

• Email from that mailbox is synced just fine.
  • There is no way to reauthorize the mailbox. Tapping on Settings > Manage Mailboxes > (mailbox name) does nothing; all that screen offers me is the ability to delete the mailbox or add another one.

So my question stands: where, specifically, can I reauthorize a mailbox when Roger Yahoo! webmail says, "To reauthorize this mailbox, please sign in to the Yahoo Mail app on the mobile device where the mailbox was originally added"? Thanks.

Greetings @Blaq!

You simply have to sign into the Yahoo Mail app on the mobile device where the mailbox was originally added. It's not intended to be any more complicated than that.

Please try signing out of the app entirely and then sign back in if you haven't already.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Blaq
I plan to stick around

I didn't have to check your suggestion since the Webmail mailbox is now syncing without any error message. This is probably related to using the Y! app. (It doesn't get used; my husband uses Apple Mail on his iPad.) Your suggestion to log out, then back in, on the IOS Yahoo! Mail app makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Blaq
I plan to stick around

Tip: on the device where the mailbox was originally added to Yahoo!, in the Yahoo! Mail app, if the mailbox doesn't appear at the top of the Accounts list (tap envelope icon at top left of Y! home screen), opening the app won't be enough to reauthorize the mailbox. You must tap the mailbox under Accounts (which polls the mailbox to refresh email) in order to reauthorize it and regain access through Yahoo! Mail on the Web.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation