Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

I know in my case, my request for the firmware upgrade was through Google tech support for a known firmware issue with some Rogers home gateways.  There are some instances where the firmware is not pushed through, and requires a Rogers tech support ticket to get what you need.  I have the CGNM-3552 running 4.5.8.33 which seems to have resolved most of the issues.  It should be noted for Chromecast users, however, that some of the settings required by Chromecast users are not able to be changed without technical support because of changes to the end-user modem dashboard.

I'm Here A Lot

It sounds like you're getting blown off. I had a large number of problems with my chromecast system (2 Google Homes, 2 TV and 2 audio). Bottom line after a series of escalations by Google: there are known issues with some of the Rogers home gateways, and most of the time requires updated firmware. However, there are additional settings on the router required by Chromecast that are not adjustable by the end-user, and may require a Rogers tech to change (if not already set up by default). My case was escalated to a Rogers network engineer, and higher up at Google. These are known issues, and I don't understand why Rogers (or Google) haven't posted some of these fixes on their tech-support FAQS.
I've Been Here Awhile

I was reguesting for the trial firmware for Hitron CODA. Mine situation might be a little difference from yours!

I'm Here A Lot

I tried everything from contacting chrome cast multiple times and Rogers aswell... trial and error... searching online for solutions... finally the 7th or 8th person I talked to that knew what he was talking about.
We tried his solution and it worked for me... chrome cast fully operational and connecting properly.

The solution for me was to call Rogers and request them to reset the modem back to factory default settings. It will lose a bit of security but will allow chrome cast to connect and that is the reason chrome cast isn't connecting because Rogers has adjusted the security settings on yhe modem so things like chrome cast will not be able to connect properly.

I hope this helps some people with the same issues I had for months after many many calls... hours of waiting... hours of talking finally a real solution that worked for me.
I've Been Here Awhile

PM sent to @CommunityHelps

Thanks

I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

I need to upgrade my modem firmware so I can use chromecast.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bawan wrote:

Hello,

I need to upgrade my modem firmware so I can use chromecast.

@bawan

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking to join the firmware trial. Be sure to include your account number, modem serial number, and modem MAC address. The last two can be found when you log in to the modem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Dear @RogersMargaret,

Could you please add me to the trial - actually, I already joined this trial long ago, so I might be still on the list

Please confirm as I need ASAP fix for Guest network to be installed and the latest F/W got fixed it last time

Thanks a lot for your help,

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @gennadiv,

We've replied to your PM via @CommunityHelps. Please check your inbox next time you're online.

Happy New Year 🙂

RogersCilio

I've Been Around

I would like to participate in the Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial.

The firmware currently running is 2.0.10.28T2

I need at least 2.0.10.29 to use special characters in WIFI password

The newer the better. Is 2.0.010.33 available?

Thanks!