Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

@markopas Some areas are capped at 30mb/s upload, you can call Rogers or send a PM to @CommunityHelps and ask if your area is one of them.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just noticed that my Coda modem was updated to the new .24 firmware.  Is there any type of a changelog?  Have any of the issues been fixed?  My speeds look good but I got a "socket error" when running one of my speed tests.  I have seen this before.  Also my pings are a bit higher.  So far it looks like they have sacrificed some latency in exchange for more speed.  I will need to test this further to understand it better though.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I Plan to Stick Around

CGN3ROG Port Forward & Firmware

Hi there,

I had contacted the CommunityHelps account over a week ago regarding my Fireware issue on my CGN3ROC.

This is still yet to be resolved, but my question pertains to port forwarding and whether the lack of an updated firmware is the cause of me being unable to open ports.

Note that I have tried all solutions I could find on the forums including a router reset, static IP, DHCP Reservation, disable/uninstall my antivirus, disable windows defender.

Anything that I have missed? Or am I just going to have to wait for this firmware to be updated from 4.2.4.6 to 4.2.4.7?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@naztheeternal Have you sent a request to @CommunityHelps for the firmware to be updated?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I did, this was done 2 Mondays ago.

I am currently on Live Chat with a Rogers representative to see if they can assist with this.

I Plan to Stick Around

Alright, so the Rogers rep. stated that they were going to push the updated to my router and that I should hold the reset button for 30 seconds on the back.

Did that, no luck, still on 4.2.4.6

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@naztheeternal

@naztheeternal wrote:

Alright, so the Rogers rep. stated that they were going to push the updated to my router and that I should hold the reset button for 30 seconds on the back.

Did that, no luck, still on 4.2.4.6

Don't reset the modem, just leave the modem powered on and it should download the firmware without you having to reset anything. When the modem downloads/updates the firmware the lights on the front will flash and it will reset itself. After it resets I would then suggest holding the reset button on the back for about 10 seconds, then set everything back up.

If after an hour it still hasn't updated then call back and ask them to push it again, but don't reset, because as you reset it that could be when the modem was trying to download the update, and you just interrupted it. I dunno why they told you to reset when they're trying to push an update. But once the modem is updated and resets on its own, then you can factory reset by holding the reset button for 10 seconds.

I Plan to Stick Around

Will do, thanks!

I'll provide an update in a few hours.

I Plan to Stick Around

Updated was pushed sucessfully.

However, port forwarding issue persists, is there a known issue with this modem? The ports were forwarded correctly until about October 2016, at which point it suddenly stopped.