Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

comes
I've been around

I would like the trial!

Hello, @comes.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I welcome your interest in the Firmware Trial. Please see the Message 1 of this thread on how to become a trial participant. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Ccachia86
I've been around

Hello,
My name is Chris Cachia and I'm interested in signing up for the modem Firmware trial, for my Hitron Coda 4582 modem.

Thanks,

Chris

pac_west227
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi  @RogersDave,

I'm on the CODA 4582 f/w trial program. Few days ago the modem updated to 36T5. Just a day ago it downgraded back to 36T2. Why is that?? Too many bugs?? 

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

Hi RogersMargaret,

My CODA-4582 has the latest firmware, 2.0.10.36T6. So far, no issues with direct and Wifi connectivity of PCs, tablets and a smartphone.

It would be interesting to find out what is dnsmasq version used for CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR, as well as for CGN3552 firmware. Thank you.

@Vladimir1@RogersMargaret has departed the social media group and is no longer associated with the forum.  The engineering group will have to determine (from Hitron) what dnsmasq versions are loaded on the other modems. 

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Good Morning community,

It's September 4th, Summer is kinda over and hopefully we can have some answers from Rogers.

What's going on with DOCSIS 3.1 Upload, is the target still by the end of 2020?

This forum used to have action daily and now it's months without anyone sending a message, it turned into a ghost town quickly after RogersDave left. 

I know we lost a alot, but we should try to keep this forum alive, it's our only way to be in the loop.

quaff
I plan to stick around

omg I lost my reply because I wasn't signed in?! Anyway that's a lot to go thru to update firmware. It's simpler to update the BIOS firmware on a computer than that!

Caligari
I've been around

Please add me to the trial

Hello, @Caligari

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're happy that you've decided to join the firmware trial, the feedback provided by the community has been quite helpful. You can find the steps on how to sign up here.

@RogersIan - Is there any update on the new trial firmware that was mentioned earlier in December?

@ablatt - I am hopeful we will get an update shortly.

RogersTony

ed42
I've been around

I would love to be in the trial! Thanks!

Delta29
I'm here a lot

@RogersTony @RogersIan 

Hi, sorry to bother but I would like to join the firmware trial as well. I'm currently on a CODA modem on 7.1.1.33 and would like to recieve the 7.1.1.35 update as I think it'll be fixing a few issues I've been experiencing lately. I followed the guide to opt in but the link is broken for me. Please let me know how I can opt in if this post isn't sufficient. Thank you

Hello, @Delta29.

It's never a bother; thank you for your interest in the firmware trial. I see you have successfully PM'd CommunityHelps, and now your modem has been added to the firmware trial tracker. Please remember to share your firmware experience in the feedback thread:

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Cheers,

RogersMoin

stephenmwmok
I've been here awhile

Can i be added to the firmware trial 7.1.1.35?

r0gers2342342
I've been around
@CommunityHelps Please add me to Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial. Thank you!

rustyk
I've been here awhile
Yes can you please post the information of the hubs out put and stats... thanks