Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

I have ordered the new router. Would you be able to give me step by step instructions on how to put Coda in bridge mode?

Thanks in advance!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hucklebury that's pretty easy.  Log into the modem using 192.168.0.1 when you are still connected directly to the modem.  Navigate to BASIC .... RESIDENTIAL GATEWAY tab and disable the Residential Gateway Function.  Save the setting.  The modem will automatically reboot into Bridge mode.  During that reboot or following it, connect the router and then power it up.  The usual router address from what I remember is 192.168.1.1, which you will use to log into the router and set it up.  With the more recent router firmware version loaded, it has a similar approach that the modem has in forcing the user to set up names and passwords on the first login.  

So, the first thing you will want to do is run the router firmware update which can be run from the ADMIN .... FIRMWARE UPGRADE page.  I'm assuming that you ordered the Asus RT-AC1900P, but its also the same procedure for other Asus routers.  Update the firmware and then reboot the modem.  If you're ever stuck and having problems with the modem in terms of accessing it, you can start the modem from scratch by wiping the non-volatile ram.  To run the NVR clear, turn off the router.  As you look at the router from the rear, depress the top left button on the left side.  Thats the WPS button.  While depressing the WPS button, turn the router power on and keep depressing the WPS button for 30 seconds.  That will wipe the NV ram and restart the router so that you can set up the parameters again.  Fwiw I've never had an issue with my RT-AC68U and only use the NVR clear when I update the router and start it from scratch.  

To log into the modem thru the router, use 192.168.100.1 to navigate to the modems login page.  In Bridge mode you can access the modem to check the modem STATUS, signal levels, etc and kick the modem back into Gateway mode if desired.  To do that, log into the modem, navigate to the BASIC RESIDENTIAL tab and enable the Residential Gateway function.  Save the setting and the modem will reboot back into Gateway mode with its previous settings intact.  If you run a factory reset on the modem when its in Bridge mode, it will also reboot back into Gateway mode, but, with factory default settings, so you would have to reset all of the parameters.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again,, great help!

so I would connect my pc cable to the router at which port? then connect the router to Coda at which port? sorry for all the questions but I am new to this type of setup. I assume there would be instructions withe the router. yes I did order the Asus RT-AC1900P

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hucklebury this is how I connect the 4582 modem to my RT-AC68U:  

1.  Connect port 4 of the modem (bottom port) to the WAN port of the RT-AC1900P; and

2.  Connect the PC to any of the RT-AC1900P ports.  It won't matter which port you connect to.

If you use a printer that happens to be both wired and wireless capable, you can actually connect the printer via ethernet to one of the router ports and access the printer via ethernet or wifi for printing or scanning purposes.  I have a static IP address assigned to the printer so that if I ever reboot the router for any reason, it will always have the same LAN IP address.    

To access the modem at the very start to kick it into Bridge mode, you can log into it via wifi or via ethernet using any of the ports.  The login address at that point is the same either way, 192.168.0.1

Never worry about asking questions, that's what the RE's and other forum members are here for, to help each other out when questions arise 🙂 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks,

So I will be putting coda in bridge mode first then connect, update and program router via PC.

disreguard, I went over your instructions again,,, I think I got this

Great help my friend!!!

I've Been Around

Hey there. I'm interested in trying the beta. My speeds are pretty consistant but my connection to online servers tends to have horrible rubber banding. Youtube videos are constantly requiring me to refresh the page to get the next couple of minutes to load and in online games my ping is fine but I rubber band all over the place.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LkMMoDC You can join the beta by sendind a PM to @CommunityHelps With the Subject: Firmware Trial

include your account number, modem MAC address, and Modem Serial number, you can find the last two when you login to the modem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Any idea when we can start accessing the USB on the 4582 as it's currently locked out and many would like this for expansion media drives
Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

I don't know but i too would like to know 🙂 maybe one of our mods could help ?

I Plan to Stick Around

hello there

I have my new asus ac 1900 P now up and running. Should I set the IPV6 to native? I also have noticed a couple times,,, first thing in the morning the internet service would be a snails pace and have to reboot Coda and Asus to get the speeds back. It was so slow at one point the speed test site timed out?????