Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

@DeMen wrote:

I've the latest firmware installed on my Hitron CODA 4582U which is 2.0.10.34T6  My computer is wired directly to the modem, however it never reaches the desirable speed of 500Mbs (which is half of the advertised speed). Is there anything that I can do to improve the speed? After rebooting the modem this is what I got after using speed.test.net: 

PING
9ms
 DOWNLOAD
165.73Mbps

UPLOAD
32.88Mbps
Thanks.

Can you log in to the modem and post the DOCSIS WAN Page, I would like to see your signal levels. It could be poor signal levels, noise, or the modem isn't provisioned properly.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on Gigabit account and I can get 950Mbps to New York City on speedtest.net

There are couple conditions for this to work. I'm using new Dell XPS 13 small, thin laptop without wired LAN port. I have 4 USB to Gigabit devices. 2 of those simple USB 3.0 to Gigabit can't exceed 350Mbps speed on LAN and Internet. The other 2 (original Dell USB 3.1 type C to HDMI, USB 3.0, Gigabit) and (USB 3.0 to 3 x USB 3.0 hub / Gigabit) work fine with Gigabit speeds on LAN and Internet. All 4 of them have the same chip from Realtek. Just to keep in mind that not all Gigabit network adapters are equal.

Second part is the browser. I can only see the top speeds using Microsoft Windows 10 Edge browser. Don't know if some plugins or something else is causing lower speed but to see 950Mbps on "speedtest.net" I need to use Edge browser.

I hope this helps a bit for some in order to debug the speed related issues and separate signal quality from Rogers cable form CODA issues and down to computer performance.

I've Been Around

I'd like to take part, for the past month my pings gone insane and latency has been an issue, currently the whole of my home internet has been down for a week and nothing's been done
I'm Here A Lot

I can't post the DOCSIS WAN page through the Rogers Community according to the Rules and Regulations. My best speed so far is DOWNLOAD 365.16 UPLOAD 31.97 PING 10, any ideas?
I Plan to Stick Around

I am on the 1gb package Cat 6 direct connect to Coda modem with a 1gb ethernet card on my Pc, I get 500mb download speed on speedtest.net. The Tech connects his laptop to the modem, he gets 500 mb down. Then we both do the test at the same time.... we both get approx. 500mb each. He then tells me there you go, that's approx 1GB, so you are getting the speed for what you pay for. HMMMM so If I connect 3 devices and get approx 500MB each I will be getting approx 1.5 gb down. PRETTY IMPRESSIVE ROGERS.... THANKS for all that great speed I can achieve by adding more devices............

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Rocket Modem Firmware trial.
I've Been Around

I am interested. Please respond with all details and options.

Good morning @MsKimberley!

Welcome to our Community!

I'm happy to hear you're interested in the trial. Please read the very first page of this thread for sign up instructions.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looking forward to trying the firmware, inquiring asap.

I've Been Around

I would like the trial!