Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

@70869413 have a look at this post from the previous page:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/m-p/404960#M4...

That post contains instructions to request the latest trial firmware and participate in the trial firmware program.

Hello, @70869413

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your interest in the modem firmware trial. I see you have already messaged CommunityHelps and we have responded with the follow-up step to get the firmware. Once we get all the required information, your modem shall receive the latest firmware version available within seven business days. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I find myself at a crossroads.

I will be moving unexpectedly this month.  Also by moving it will put me in a Bell fibe area.  Last week or so has been brutal for lag spikes.  I called tech support today and a ticket was sent to tier 2 to look at noise on the line.  I am not holding out any hope that this will be fixed.  I made some calls and Rogers can't even match bells current promo offers in Newfoundland.  

Looks like I am switching unless someone important is looking at this post and does something to help Rogers customers in Newfoundland

Thanks Everyone

Mythen

Hello @Mythen,

Dealing with PING spikes and noise interference in your area is never a good experience. I know how disruptive this can be especially if you are into Online Gaming and need a stable connection.  =(

We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer. We will be happy to see what options we have available that could be a match for what Bell is offering. I am confident now that Tier 2 is investigating this matter they will be able to find a solution.

In regards to matching the offer from Bell, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look at this. For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

I am also in Newfoundland.... have the Coda modem and the 1 Gbps package. On rogers speed test I get around 600 Mbps. I have escalated this as far as it can go... I spoke with the Office of the president. He arranged for yet another tech visit but with His manager. they show up today and test the speeds on the tech Laptop. He gets around 500 Mbps. now its my turn, I get around 600 Mbps on my PC. Then they decide to do both at the same time. I get around 600 Mbps again and he gets around 500 Mbps. They add the two results together and tell me that I am getting what I am paying for........... REALLY???????

OH Forget to mention, FIBE IS in my area.

Thanks Rogers

I've Been Here Awhile

Just got Coda4582 upgrade and I am on 28T2 firmware it’s not upgrading to the latest network firmware of 33T3 I don’t want to take part in beta firmware trial I just need the latest network firmware pushed on my modem
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

28T2 is the latest network wide release, there was issues with 33T3 so it's not being deployed network wide. 

I'm a Regular

I’m on 33T3 I don’t get any issues...what issues are u guys talking about?
I've Been Here Awhile

So I would not get the 33 firmware automatically since its not network wide?

If that’s the case can someone manually push an update to my modem.
I'm Here A Lot

I've the latest firmware installed on my Hitron CODA 4582U which is 2.0.10.34T6  My computer is wired directly to the modem, however it never reaches the desirable speed of 500Mbs (which is half of the advertised speed). Is there anything that I can do to improve the speed? After rebooting the modem this is what I got after using speed.test.net: 

PING
9ms
 DOWNLOAD
165.73Mbps

UPLOAD
32.88Mbps
Thanks.