Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Any update info on my firmware trial??

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having issues with LAN ports dropping connection on a Fido modem (I believe that's the CGN3AMF ?). Can I sign up for the new firmware trial ? Current firmware is 4.5.8.17

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@xoy74 wrote:

I am having issues with LAN ports dropping connection on a Fido modem (I believe that's the CGN3AMF ?). Can I sign up for the new firmware trial ? Current firmware is 4.5.8.17

Yes you can. Send a message to @CommunityHelps with your MAC address. Make sure to mention that this is a FIDO modem as it requires a little more processing in the back end.

Dave

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

From my understanding, the Hitron CGN3 modem is based on the PUMA 6 chipset. This would explain the various ping spikes observed, and some connectivity issues that I have been experiencing.

Does Rogers have a timeframe as to when new firmware would be released to fix this? Would it be easier for me to swap my modem for one with the new PUMA 7 chipset?

Thanks!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/03/intel_puma_chipset_firmware_fix/

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/processors/42312-intel-s-puma-6-chip-set-falls-asleep

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

swap to the new white CODA modem, it will help, but it' still not perfect.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the new Coda modem. My speeds are way down, I just ran a test and I got only 250mbps down. Before I was consistently at 500-600mbps. There have been a few times with the new modem where I got ~750mbps down, however my speeds are very inconsistent and I was hoping to see an improvement over the old modem, not a regression. Also, I can no longer establish any type of 2.4ghz wifi connection at all, even to something like my Wii U that sits a few feet away from the modem. Rogers came and replaced my cable feed from the street to my house but it made little to no difference. My neighborhood is on the "Casa" system. I really don't know what the problem is. 250mbps is still a fast internet speed but I was really hoping to have the full gigabit bandwidth by now. And my uploads are atrocious, usually around 10mbps or even less.

So now I guess I'm waiting for the Docsis 3.1 rollout. Who knows how long that could take.

Any ideas, Rogers Dave?  If there is anything you guys can do to improve my speed I would really appreciate it.  I'm on the .20 firmware of the new modem.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

factory reset the router, then disable 2.4Ghz and test speeds again using a wired connection. After that enable 2.4Ghz, then reboot the modem (unplug the modem for 30 seconds).
if using wireless, always use WPA2 AES, this is the strongest encryption, and allows for the fastest connection speeds

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I contacted Rogers technical support and they said that the Coda 4582 modem has been recalled.  I then called my local Rogers store and they were also aware of the recall.  The tech support rep told me that the recall was due to "interference" issues.  I was told to look for a small round black sticker near the barcode on the box of the new modem, and he said that there would be the same sticker near where you plug the power cord into the modem.  The rep at the store told me they had the new batch of modems in stock and sure enough it had the black stickers.

So far I have had absolutely no wireless interference with the new modem!  So if you guys are affected by this issue I highly recommend you go into the store for a modem swap.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SickBeast wrote:

I contacted Rogers technical support and they said that the Coda 4582 modem has been recalled.  I then called my local Rogers store and they were also aware of the recall.  The tech support rep told me that the recall was due to "interference" issues.  I was told to look for a small round black sticker near the barcode on the box of the new modem, and he said that there would be the same sticker near where you plug the power cord into the modem.  The rep at the store told me they had the new batch of modems in stock and sure enough it had the black stickers.

So far I have had absolutely no wireless interference with the new modem!  So if you guys are affected by this issue I highly recommend you go into the store for a modem swap.

it's not a recall, it only affects a certain batch of modems. 

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

@RogersMoin can you help me out here I have been experiencing downgraded upload , and missing channel 14 on my down stream levels is there any way you can check my area for node issues?