Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Hey guys, I'm in Richmond Hill, and still on 4.5.8.20, I thought 4.5.8.21 was released network wide? Is it posible my modem is on a list not to get updated? I don't want the beta firmware, I just want to have the latest network released firmware at all times.

Before 4.5.8.20 was released I had it pushed to my modem to solve an ipv6 issue, so I'm wondering if my modem is on a list now to keep this firmware version, and not the newest network released firmware.

Anyone else still stuck on 4.5.8.20?

@gp-se wrote:

Hey guys, I'm in Richmond Hill, and still on 4.5.8.20, I thought 4.5.8.21 was released network wide? Is it posible my modem is on a list not to get updated? I don't want the beta firmware, I just want to have the latest network released firmware at all times.

Before 4.5.8.20 was released I had it pushed to my modem to solve an ipv6 issue, so I'm wondering if my modem is on a list now to keep this firmware version, and not the newest network released firmware.

Anyone else still stuck on 4.5.8.20?

Hi gp-se,

Your modem was indeed on the exclusion list from prior testing. I have removed your modem and triggered an update to the current production firmware 4.5.8.21. It should be completed in the next few minutes.

Dave

Thank you Dave!

The modem just updated itself to 4.5.8.21, I'm looking forward to the final release of 4.5.8.22 once it's released network wide. 

PaigeFurtney
I've been around

Hey! I need the firmware update for my router, please get back to me with it! I'm having trouble with my router
Thanks!!

melrose1
I've been around

If someone can help me with the update, it would be great!

switchgrass
I've been here awhile

Unable to connect my chromecast device to modem

Please update my modem. It is not allowing me to cast from Chromecast. 

Thanks

skg1
I've been here awhile

I would like to participate in "Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial"

Hello, @PaigeFurtney@melrose1@skg1@switchgrass

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you all for your interest in the firmware trial. Please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your participation. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Alvaro3050
I've been here awhile

Hi: Please send me the link.

Thanks

astridbrian
I've been around

I would like to try the new firmware. Please provide me with the link

Alvaro3050
I've been here awhile

Hi. Could you send me the 4.5.8.22 Beta Firmware update? My chromecast isn't working. Thanks.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

Everyone that keeps posting asking for the firmware, did you guys even read the thread? The first post has very clear instructions for how to obtain the BETA firmware. Posting in this thread asking for the firmware wont get you it, you need to PM Community Helps. Read the first post. 

Also this is BETA firmware, so there *might* be issues, and this is intended for advanced users that are wiling to take the risk if things don't work as designed. 

stephen11
I've been around

I would like to register for the latest update for my modem as my cast is not working

user12343543
I plan to stick around

Guys, what the heck? These new modems have broken:

Ping

VPN

Chrome cast

WEBUI

Wifi light on/ports dying

Could you consider letting us bring our own modems? I have various moto surfboards for a decade with ZERO issues! These hitron modems are terrible and every "fix" breaks something new!

calvinzhou
I've been here awhile

I am interested in the Firmware trial,

Have a CGNM-3552 and curently on 4.5.8.19,

I'm here because we are currently having a modem issue with our Google Chromecast. Unable to cast anything without resetting the modem EVERY time for the past 4 weeks. Not cool. Enough is enough.

robinheider1
I've been here awhile

What do i need to do to get the firmware upgrade to fix my chromecast problem

Hello, @Alvaro3050@astridbrian@stephen11@calvinzhou@nosmond@robinheider1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you all for your interest in the firmware trial. Please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your participation. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

SunnyShiny1
I've been around

Rogers should inform all clients the current chromecast problem which yet to be solved. It is frustrating to see the way Rogers handle this problem. Customers are invited to a Firmware Trail, which it seems asking customers to be the testers. Should Rogers have a team of QA doing the testing ? Like any other project, there should be a date of deployment, or at least milestones.

Thank you

Thank you.