Rogers Reduced my Internet Allowance Without my Permission

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Reduced my Internet Allowance Without my Permission

So, I haven't been as diligent as I should have been with my monthly Rogers bill and I have been blindly paying my Rogers TV, Internet and Mobile service bill for many months. I checked my Internet usage allowance today to be sure I wasn't etting too close to my limit, and was shocked to find that Rogers reduced my allwance by 80 GB without my knowledge or permission. Anyone else had this happen?

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Reduced my Internet Allowance Without my Permission

Hello @Big-Steve

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!

I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks,
RogersShakir

I Plan to Stick Around

I will be looking for that PM

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

which plan are you on?
(so what should be your usage vs what its down to?)

Generally older plans are always grandfathered and carried forward..

Now, those plans can change too, kind of.
So could be on a plan called X.
There is a new version of the same named plan X that comes out, but has more usage, etc..
Doesnt mean that your auto on that one.. they are actually different plan codes, and have to change to it, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have HD TV, Mobile and Internet that once had 270GB allowance. When my bill shot up last summer I called to ask why and they 'fixed' the proble. I was not aware that they reduced my allowance. Been on Rogers for 35+ years and I hate having to fight to keep my service. Just might pull the plug this time as I am so upset.

I Plan to Stick Around

[quote]

which plan are you on?
(so what should be your usage vs what its down to?)

[/quote]

I was switched to the Ignite 60 plan last summer after my bill jumped and I complained about the bill. This plan is supposed to give 60 Mbps download, 10 Mbps upload and 200Gb allowance. I have used the Ookla Speed Test several times and my average speeds are 30 / 10 and only once was I ever able to see 50 / 10 but that was briefly and lasted a few minutes.

I had an old grandfathered plan that I had managed to negotiate over time that gace me 270 Gb allowance, but soneone at Rogers felt that this didn't fit their current offerengs and made me switch. I wasn't allowed to keep what I had fought so hard to get and the Rep didn't care that I have been a continuous customer since 1983.

I am not online checking my Rogers bill daily and didn't notice this huge drop until recently. I have held off calling Rogers because quite frankly because I hate arguing with Rogers and I'm weiry of having to fight all the time.

The last Rep sent me a few PM messages and I can of course upgrade at higher cost, but I am not interested in paying more. I already have three Rogers services plus the HD box and whatever else that entails and just want my 270 Gb back. My inquiry has now apparently been escalated and I am told to expect someone to contact me within 4-5 days. I had to once again provide my contact details, etc..... like Rogers doesn't already know me by now.

I have previously talked on the phone wuth the senior VP at Rogers over previous lousy service. The coax into my home failed and it took them months to figure that out. The solution was to run a new cable, but the installers just ran it across the lawn in my backyard. Insane to leave a cable exposed let alone going across my lawn. Huge safety issue. That took weeks to resolve and I even had to buy my own clips to secure this new wire to the side of my home. It had been left dangling and was horrible.

Rogers seems complacent and unwilling to help and doesn't care about customers. I am sure Bell Canada or Teksavvy would be glad to hear from to switch over my service. Might be calling sooner than later as I am still waiting (again) for Rogers to do something.....anything.

I Plan to Stick Around

Today's Ookla speed test gives 42 / 11 which isn't quite the 60 / 10 I pay for. Still hopeful and waiting for a response from Rogers.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @Big-Steve,

I understand you're having issues with slow speeds. Is this over WiFi or direct ethernet? Are you using a third party router bridged to your modem? Have you had a technician come out recently? Which wireless card are you using for your computer? How many devices are connected to the Internet in your home? 

@Datalink@Gdkitty@robindp, please feel free to chime in with any suggestions for @Big-Steve

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Big-Steve,

As per @RogersHassam, need more information.  Wi-fi, or direct Ethernet? Using Rogers equipment, or a third party router?

Let us know, I am sure one of us can help given more information!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As stated, if you can provide some info, we can figure out what may be showing the speed problem, etc.

(even something as simple as the SERVER your using on the speedtest can change the total result.. + other influences (say if on wifi, etc))

As for the plan... Yeah.. if you were on the OLD plan with the 270 (if i remember.. it was a like 200g + a bonus if i remember correctly?)..
If you were happy with it.. there was NO reason that a rogers rep would have said you HAVE to change to the newer one.
Only reasoning may be, if you had called in about re-bundling, etc to save some money.. many bundle prices, only apply to the NEW plans.
If so though, the rep SHOULD have explained any/all the changes.  Sure a possible speed increase, etc.. but that the USAGE would have gone down.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation