Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Just wondering why Rogers online protection which is part of a service I pay for each month is not compatible with my Windows 10 device? When will this be corrected? Why has it not been corrected already consideringthat this has been a topic for many months?

This is just one more excample of the poor coustomer service that is driving me away from Rogers rapidly.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @hanslip,

I stopped using Rogers Online Protection a while ago - try Avast free edition which you can download from: https://www.avast.com/

The software is totally free, and works on Windows 10. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Is there an update as to when Rogers Online Protection will be supported on the Windows 10 platform? Bitdefender already supports Windows 10, so what's the hold up?

Highlighted

Hello, Community!

Update - Rogers Online Protection 10 is available as of May 04, 2016 for download, this latest version supports 32 and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8.x, and 10.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

I've Been Here Awhile

HI ,

I am getting the following error whenever I ry to download the Online protection .

(Since October 2016)

"We were unable to complete your transaction at this time. Please call 1-888-ROGERS1 to order the service"

I have logged the case with rogers couple of times since Nov16 and again in Dec16.The tech support has also taken my PC on remote but could not resolve the issue.I have tried to download the ROP through various explorers like chrome, IE(11) , Mozilla , safari but no sucess.

My OS is Windows10 Pro *64 bits.I was a bell customer before I moved to rogers in OCT16.Bell online protections was working very well on the same Laptop.Seems like rogesr is not bothered about its customers and I am really thinking to get back to bell now.Fortunately I am not on contract.

Giving a last try on this protal now before I call bell now.

Many thanks in advance to all who can help.

Highlighted

Hello, @AnishKapoor

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. Is the ROP installation failing on only one PC? Have you uninstalled the other security program? In some cases, when another security program is running the ROP installation may fail. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Moin,

I have 2 devices only and it is failing on both.No other security programs are installed .

Regards

Anish

Highlighted

Hello, @AnishKapoor

Do you have your Internet account (12 digits) linked with your MyRogers profile? We can look into your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

In the meanwhile we find a solution to have the ROP installed on your PCs I suggest to explore other free options available and install a security program. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I just updated my PC to the Windows 10 Creators Update via the Update Assistant and upon bootup I saw that my Rogers Online Protection did not work because of a service called "vsserv.exe" did not stay running which did not allow Rogers Online Protection to work. I tried to manually start the service but it only stopped itself a few seconds after. I rolled-back my version of Windows to get ROP working again. Will there be an update that will fix this soon?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

You may find this with any protection software, other than the built in Windows stuff.

when they first came out with Windows 10, Norton didn't run on it and you would think they would get it right with one of the major providers.

Rogers, unless they operate as a beta and windows partner in the development of updates for Windows, won't be on Microsoft's radar when testing.

And as I have always said, I avoid new OS technology until it has been around for about a year. Until most of the bugs in the wild have been dealt with.  Great that you could roll back.

Hopefully Rogers will hear you cry and take a look - I am sure that the specs probably don't say they support the new one - in fact a quick search on minimum requirements, they haven't even updated past Windows XP, and still mention Windows 7 and Vista and no macintosh - I think I read elsewhere that they had increased the support to Windows 10.  For now, you can stay back on the other, or maybe try some of the other products - there are lots of good free ones out there, can't think of them for the moment.

Bruce