Did you mean: 

Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

TragicallyHip
I've Been Here Awhile

Will Rogers Online Protection be certified with windows 10 by July

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Hello, Community!

Update - Rogers Online Protection 10 is available as of May 04, 2016 for download, this latest version supports 32 and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8.x, and 10.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @TragicallyHip,

At this time, the Rogers Online Protection is compatible with: 

• Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32 and 64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 and 64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit)

At this time, we do not have any information regarding compatibility with Windows 10. When the information becomes available, we will be sure to share it with the Community 🙂

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Not sure if my comment is relevant, but Rogers Online Protection used to be a Norton product. If this is still the case, Norton has released a statement that it will be compatible with Windows 10 at launch date, which is July 30.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You sound like me. The last time I used ROP, it was provided by Norton. It has not been provided by Norton for years now, though I cannot say who provides it now. 

Thank you @jimboden and @JohhnyRockets for your participation in the Community. Just so you know the engine running behind ROP is provided by Bitdefender.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

Below is an update on the release of windows 10 and its compatibility with Rogers Online Protection (ROP).

Microsoft’s release of Windows 10

Is Rogers Online Protection compatible with Windows 10?

Microsoft’s Windows 10 release introduces significant changes to the operating system and special requirements for security software certification. This has made the current version of Rogers Online Protection incompatible.

Will Rogers be releasing a version that is compatible with Windows 10?

We are working with our security software provider to release a version that will be fully compatible with Windows 10 and certified by Microsoft, as soon as possible.

Is the Rogers TechXpert dashboard compatible with Windows 10?

Yes, the Rogers TechXpert dashboard is compatible with Windows 10. It can be downloaded from rogers.com/techxpert.

How will customers know when the new version of Rogers Online Protection is available?

We will message users of the release of a compatible version through the Rogers TechXpert dashboard.

What operating systems does the current version of Rogers Online Protection support?

The current version of Rogers Online Protection works on Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32 and 64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 and 64-bit), and Microsoft Windows 8.x (32 and 64-bit).

How can customers protect themselves when they upgrade to Windows 10?

We recommend that customers maintain the following default settings/applications in their Windows 10 install:

• Microsoft’s Windows Defender with real time protection enabled
  • Windows firewall enabled
  • Automatic updates turned on
  • Keep and/or install the Techxpert Dashboard to be notified when a compatible version of Rogers Online Protection is available

Will the Cisco Connect software work with Windows 10?

Yes, Cisco Connect should work with Microsoft Windows 10.

Thank You. I look forward to the new protection software.

JohhnyRockets

@ian_sheppard

In addition to the suggestions from @RogersStrick above, you might want to consider downloading Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a free program from Microsoft and if you search these forums, you will find that many Rogers customers actually prefer this to ROP.

thanks. Too bad Rogers didn't know Windows 10 was coming. Guess they missed the memo, unlike all of the other AV companies out there.... Think I'll switch back to Norton, or one of the others.

Windows 10 actually comes with Microsoft Security Essentials and windows defender built in.

My experience in the past, MSE was catching more than Norton, etc anyways 😛

Re: Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10

ArmoredNight
I've Been Here Awhile

So I just installed Windows 10, everthign ran smoothly even Rogers Online Protection. As soon as Rogers required an update to my computer it stopped working and sais Your Rogers Online Protection License Key has expired. I wasn't event able to renew it or buy a new one so I contact tech support Live Chat and they came to the conclusion that I did not require to renew the license but that Rogers Online Protection does not work with Windows 10 and was advised to use Windows 10 online protection until Rogers will notify me that their software will work with Windows 10. Until than I am stuck with Windows defender and using Windows firewall which the Rogers technician advised me that Rogers Online Protection is more secure. 

My question to the forum is that very same thing, does anyone know if Rogers Online Protection is more secure than Windows Firewall combined with Windows Defender?

I would like to know your opinions as I am still paying into this service with Rogers even when I am not longer protected by them. I am just waiting for them to notify me now.

JohhnyRockets

According to @Gdkitty, (message 10 above) Windows 10 also comes with Microsoft Security Essentials and there are many posts on various threads here that would recommend MSE over ROP. Since I do not have Windows 10, I cannot say for sure, but I do know it can be downloaded for free.  I have always been happy with MSE. I am not sure I would take the word of a Rogers technician who advised me that Rogers Online Protection is more secure.

Well it doesnt come with MSE.. but its a built in DEFENDER.. but has the MSE and DEFENDER stuff all in one in it.

Been running that here so far with no issues.. but i also run malwarebytes regularily as well.

But there are many other 3rd party options as well to use which will work with windows 10

Why is ROP not compatible with Windows 10?

@akinfilani

Windows 10 introduces some big changes to Windows, including special requirements for security software certification. This has made the current version of Rogers Online Protection incompatible. We are working to release a version that will be fully compatible with Windows 10 and certified by Microsoft. We’ll release it as soon as it’s ready. 

Thanks,

RogersMay

uubeyer
I've Been Here Awhile

Today is November 27, 2015.

After installing Windows 10 on my PC in July and then finding out that ROP was not compatible with Windows 10, I uninstalled ROP and Techexpert based on numerous calls/recommendations to the Techies at Rogers.

When will ROP be released by Rogers that is Windows 10 compatible.

uubeyer
I've Been Here Awhile

Today is December 5, 2015.

I just got off a chat call with a Rogers Agent and was informed that ROP is still not available for release.

I am amazed that ROP is still not released. Win10 release was certainly no surprise to anyone. Just a thought. I guess I must wait patiently.

Hello @uubeyer,

I strongly recommend you install the free versions of Avast or AVG anti-virus, if you have not already. The AV protection included with Windows 10 is good, but these solutions are better. Haven't had a bug infect my PC in more than 8 years, and I download (for work) like a madman. 

ArmoredNight
I've Been Here Awhile

Will Rogers Online Protection ever be certified with windows 10?

@ArmoredNight

Yes! We are working to release a version that will be fully compatible with Windows 10 and certified by Microsoft.

We’re always working to make sure we can offer premium security software to you, but sometimes new operating systems introduce features that require major changes to our software.

We’ll release it as soon as it’s ready.

Thanks,

RogersMay

TragicallyHip
I've Been Here Awhile

But it was released months ago now and still nothing. It's not like Rogers built their own AV software -they are using someone elses engine and wrapping it with rogers logo's, etc.    It does not take this long to certify software.

Perhaps no one told Rogers windows 10 was coming....    Though it was the same thing with previous OS releases. 

I've moved on to another vendor.  Not waiting for Rogers any longer.