Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10

So I just installed Windows 10, everthign ran smoothly even Rogers Online Protection. As soon as Rogers required an update to my computer it stopped working and sais Your Rogers Online Protection License Key has expired. I wasn't event able to renew it or buy a new one so I contact tech support Live Chat and they came to the conclusion that I did not require to renew the license but that Rogers Online Protection does not work with Windows 10 and was advised to use Windows 10 online protection until Rogers will notify me that their software will work with Windows 10. Until than I am stuck with Windows defender and using Windows firewall which the Rogers technician advised me that Rogers Online Protection is more secure. 

My question to the forum is that very same thing, does anyone know if Rogers Online Protection is more secure than Windows Firewall combined with Windows Defender?

I would like to know your opinions as I am still paying into this service with Rogers even when I am not longer protected by them. I am just waiting for them to notify me now.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

According to @Gdkitty, (message 10 above) Windows 10 also comes with Microsoft Security Essentials and there are many posts on various threads here that would recommend MSE over ROP. Since I do not have Windows 10, I cannot say for sure, but I do know it can be downloaded for free.  I have always been happy with MSE. I am not sure I would take the word of a Rogers technician who advised me that Rogers Online Protection is more secure.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well it doesnt come with MSE.. but its a built in DEFENDER.. but has the MSE and DEFENDER stuff all in one in it.

Been running that here so far with no issues.. but i also run malwarebytes regularily as well.

But there are many other 3rd party options as well to use which will work with windows 10

I've Been Around

Why is ROP not compatible with Windows 10?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@akinfilani

Windows 10 introduces some big changes to Windows, including special requirements for security software certification. This has made the current version of Rogers Online Protection incompatible. We are working to release a version that will be fully compatible with Windows 10 and certified by Microsoft. We’ll release it as soon as it’s ready. 

Thanks,

RogersMay

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Today is November 27, 2015.

After installing Windows 10 on my PC in July and then finding out that ROP was not compatible with Windows 10, I uninstalled ROP and Techexpert based on numerous calls/recommendations to the Techies at Rogers.

When will ROP be released by Rogers that is Windows 10 compatible.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Today is December 5, 2015.

I just got off a chat call with a Rogers Agent and was informed that ROP is still not available for release.

I am amazed that ROP is still not released. Win10 release was certainly no surprise to anyone. Just a thought. I guess I must wait patiently.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @uubeyer,

I strongly recommend you install the free versions of Avast or AVG anti-virus, if you have not already. The AV protection included with Windows 10 is good, but these solutions are better. Haven't had a bug infect my PC in more than 8 years, and I download (for work) like a madman. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Will Rogers Online Protection ever be certified with windows 10?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

@ArmoredNight

Yes! We are working to release a version that will be fully compatible with Windows 10 and certified by Microsoft.

We’re always working to make sure we can offer premium security software to you, but sometimes new operating systems introduce features that require major changes to our software.

We’ll release it as soon as it’s ready.

Thanks,

RogersMay