Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Will Rogers Online Protection be certified with windows 10 by July

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Online Protection on Windows 10?

Hello @TragicallyHip,

At this time, the Rogers Online Protection is compatible with: 

• Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32 and 64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 and 64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit)

At this time, we do not have any information regarding compatibility with Windows 10. When the information becomes available, we will be sure to share it with the Community Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm an Advisor

Not sure if my comment is relevant, but Rogers Online Protection used to be a Norton product. If this is still the case, Norton has released a statement that it will be compatible with Windows 10 at launch date, which is July 30.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You sound like me. The last time I used ROP, it was provided by Norton. It has not been provided by Norton for years now, though I cannot say who provides it now. 

Thank you @jimboden and @JohhnyRockets for your participation in the Community. Just so you know the engine running behind ROP is provided by Bitdefender.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

Below is an update on the release of windows 10 and its compatibility with Rogers Online Protection (ROP).

Microsoft’s release of Windows 10

Is Rogers Online Protection compatible with Windows 10?

Microsoft’s Windows 10 release introduces significant changes to the operating system and special requirements for security software certification. This has made the current version of Rogers Online Protection incompatible.

Will Rogers be releasing a version that is compatible with Windows 10?

We are working with our security software provider to release a version that will be fully compatible with Windows 10 and certified by Microsoft, as soon as possible.

Is the Rogers TechXpert dashboard compatible with Windows 10?

Yes, the Rogers TechXpert dashboard is compatible with Windows 10. It can be downloaded from rogers.com/techxpert.

How will customers know when the new version of Rogers Online Protection is available?

We will message users of the release of a compatible version through the Rogers TechXpert dashboard.

What operating systems does the current version of Rogers Online Protection support?

The current version of Rogers Online Protection works on Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32 and 64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 and 64-bit), and Microsoft Windows 8.x (32 and 64-bit).

How can customers protect themselves when they upgrade to Windows 10?

We recommend that customers maintain the following default settings/applications in their Windows 10 install:

• Microsoft’s Windows Defender with real time protection enabled
  • Windows firewall enabled
  • Automatic updates turned on
  • Keep and/or install the Techxpert Dashboard to be notified when a compatible version of Rogers Online Protection is available

Will the Cisco Connect software work with Windows 10?

Yes, Cisco Connect should work with Microsoft Windows 10.

I've Been Around

Thank You. I look forward to the new protection software.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@ian_sheppard

In addition to the suggestions from @RogersStrick above, you might want to consider downloading Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a free program from Microsoft and if you search these forums, you will find that many Rogers customers actually prefer this to ROP.

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks. Too bad Rogers didn't know Windows 10 was coming. Guess they missed the memo, unlike all of the other AV companies out there.... Think I'll switch back to Norton, or one of the others.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Windows 10 actually comes with Microsoft Security Essentials and windows defender built in.

My experience in the past, MSE was catching more than Norton, etc anyways Smiley Tongue