Rogers Online Protection not Authorized to Run/Expired?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Online Protection not Authorized to Run/Expired?

Today my Rogers Online Protection stopped working stating "Rogers Online Protection has expired! You are no longer protected!" and the Security Widget says that it is not authorized to run. Help? I am running Windows 10, ROP Basic. I need help ASAP!

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Online Protection not Authorized to Run/Expired?

ScreenshotsROP1.PNGROP2.PNG

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hi @chrism22,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community!

I can certainly understand the importance of getting your computer protected. May I ask are you using the latest version of Rogers Online Protection? Also, have you tried reinstalling the application? Thanks.

Anyone else in the Community experiencing this issue?

RogersRoland

I'm Here A Lot

I am sure I have the latest version because I have re-installed the program 3 times today already.

I've Been Around

I am also getting this message on my Win7 and Win10 machines: "Rogers Online Protection is not Authorized to run". I repaired the applicaton and still got same message. Reinstall and same result. Need to fix this issue.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the information guys.

We will need to send in a ticket to our back-end teams, if not already done so. Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps when you are online. To learn more about our Private Messaging system view our blog here.

Thanks!

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

I found a fix! You just need to uninstall Rogers Online Protection, disable your internet, restart PC, enable your internet, reinstall Rogers Online Protection, and it will work! (You might need a restart to complete the installation afterwards). This worked for me! Hopefully it will work for other users. I think the reason for this was because I was fiddling around, enabling and disabling the internet too much.

I've Been Around

This is not the first time it happened to me, it's like rogers does it on purpose to make you upgrade the software...not impressed.  I did not have to delete the software, just reload it from their basic menu.