Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

@RogersKevin @RogersDave

Has there been any progress on the twitch problem. It's been all over the place lately and not getting any better

Mythen
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Mythen'

I don't think so.. trying to watch today June 4th. and I have to refresh every 5 minutes Smiley Sad

Project Manager
Project Manager

Mythen wrote:
@RogersKevin @RogersDave

Has there been any progress on the twitch problem. It's been all over the place lately and not getting any better

Mythen

Hey @Mythen

We put a in request to get in touch with a technical contact from Twitch last week so we can begin troubleshooting / investigating. We heard back today & the contact will be looped in with Dave, so hopefully we have a more concrete update soon.

RogersKevin

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersKevin 

Thanks for the update.  Progress Smiley Happy

Mythen

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I started to stream on twitch , yesterday I streamed for over 4 hours and I had no issues streaming it, so at least the issue is only when we watch stream, but I am confident it will be sorted out soon now Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

i am currently paying for the ignite 1 gigabit upload and 30 download, the first few days were fine (getting 100+ download) I am a gamer and i do watch alot of youtube, netflix, and crunchroll. for the last month or so my internet speeds have been really slow, being 30 or less download and 10 or less upload with my nat type always being strict. I don't know what to do at this point seeing as my bill came in and im paying $253.13 for less than 30/10 right now could it be the modem, do i need a new router? any help would be appreciated, thanks 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MasonMcMillan12 can you log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS ..... DOCSIS WAN tab, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into a post.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the tables.  Those tables are the downstream and upstream signal levels which may be of interest at this point in time.  

Are you running the modem in Gateway mode with all of your devices connected to it, or in Bridge mode with a follow-on router behind it?

Are you gaming via ethernet or wifi?  

Network Architect
Network Architect

Hello Community!

It has been a few days since my last visit here but I haven’t forgotten about you. It’s just that my “real job” was taking a lot of my time (and is still) in the last 2 weeks.

In any case, I manage to get a contact at Twitch and started discussing the issue that some of you are observing.

At this point, the Twitch technical team asked me for the following information:

1. Your IP address (visible in the gateway status page)
  2. Your location (city)
  3. Time duration and Time Period of the buffering event
  4. Channel being watched
  5. Video server or POP watching video from
  6. “x-playlist-request-id” which is in the “View” tab on the Browser>Developer>Developer tools>Network Tab> Click on any file> Response Headers> Last line “x-playlist-request-id”

Since this contains private information so please that that to me over private message and I will relay it to Twitch.

Dave

I'm a Regular

So is the coda modem the way to go now when it comes to online gaming ? I know it had issues with udp/ some latency issues has that been fixed now ?
I've Been Around

I have a question regarding FIFA 17. Many people including me have faced an issue. It occurs when you enter FIFA 17's pro clubs mode and go to start match. When you go into the lobby where your friends are, it causes them to freeze, and not allowing them to move their cursor, start the match, pick a position, back out of the lobby, etc. If I leave the lobby, they're able to again. I created post on EA forums regarding this issue, and many other Rogers customers had the same issue. Someone said it was due to an issue with IPV6, but no one was 100% sure. I have all the ports opened, Xbox One in a DMZ, and A open NAT Type. Any help? Also, how do I join the trial firmware thing? Thanks.