Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

No updates as of yet, but I can definitley tell you that the issue has gotten much worse over the last 24-48 hours.

The buffering became more frequent and whenever I refreshed the stream, it would not load at all and so I would have to reload the webpage again. 

Given that it is the Victoria Day weekend, more people on the Rogers network are probably watching streams on Twitch and so traffic going to the Twitch servers gets saturated and these spikes that were mentioned could happen more frequently. As a a result, more buffering occurs.

The routing to the twitch servers definitely needs to be improved and data needs to be moved to less congested servers. Smiley Indifferent

I noticed the same, I stopped watching twitch this week end because it was getting ridiculous, every 4-5mins had to refresh..

I Plan to Stick Around

https://www.twitch.tv/domesticdan

@RogersKevin

Not sure if you are around this weekend.  Watch this guy if you see this.  I agree with @RyzenFX Twitch is unwatchable this evening.  I can't even get this one to load currently. 

Mythen

I can load that stream, but it cuts off very 4-5 mins.. 

Project Manager
Project Manager

Mythen wrote:

https://www.twitch.tv/domesticdan

@RogersKevin

Not sure if you are around this weekend.  Watch this guy if you see this.  I agree with @RyzenFX Twitch is unwatchable this evening.  I can't even get this one to load currently. 

Mythen

Sorry guys, no further updates other than we are still looking it. 

@Mythen I watched that stream shortly after you posted it, ended watching it for quite some time actually. Just like the other streams in the past, it still works fine for myself Smiley Sad . I actually started broadcasting my own stream after so I could get a deeper understanding of how it's all working. I ended watching my own stream from another laptop for some time. The stream is sent to an ingesting subsystem/proxy, authorized & registered, then prepared for viewers. Using the broadcasting software you/the streamer selects the ingest server you want to send your stream to.

I'm still unsure why it's working fine for me but not working for someone else in Ontario like @RyzenFX. I am guessing it's a mixture of physical location, routing & and any other factors that could be impacting the network connections. 

I ran the Twitch Inspection tool as well, which is used to investigate the health of the broadcast. It's pretty straight forward & I'm not sure if the information will be of any use. If anyone curious how exactly this tool checks broadcast help visit the info page here . I even ended up sending my Stream to the Hong Kong ingest server and watched it for a little while (it was a bit choppy but overall it worked). 

I'll circle back with Dave to see if running a test broadcast, with a few different ingest servers & sending you guys the links would helpful for the Network teams. As per their website regarding the tool & more info on Twitch broadcasting below;

• "This tool will show how the video data is flowing into Twitch servers, and shows some of the common errors, as well as if a broadcast has periods of instability. Most problems will appear in the Bitrate Graph displayed on Inspector. The graph displays bitrates out of the broadcaster’s encoder and how they look once they arrive to Twitch’s server." 

-------------------

"There are thousands of Twitch broadcasters. A broadcaster sends a video stream to Twitch using any of several tools:

• Streaming encoder, normally a software implementation like OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), Xsplit, FMLE (Flash Media Live Encoder), or Elemental
  • Console, like PS4
  • Hardware video encoder

The tool sends a video signal captured from the broadcaster’s game and cameras, through the open Internet, into Twitch (live.twitch.tv), using Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP).

The first stop for a broadcast stream is the Twitch ingesting subsystem, where streams enter Twitch and are authorized and registered, then prepared for viewers. You select an ingest server to receive your stream. There are many ingest servers, each living in a PoP (Point of Presence, a small-to-medium deployment of servers in a co-location facility, normally at a major internet exchange point)."

------------

Location Ingest DNS Name

Twitch Mainlive.twitch.tv
Seattle, WAlive-sea.twitch.tv
San Jose, CAlive-sjc.twitch.tv
San Francisco, CAlive-sfo.twitch.tv
Los Angeles, CAlive-lax.twitch.tv
Dallas, TXlive-dfw.twitch.tv
Ashburn, VAlive-iad.twitch.tv
New York, NYlive-jfk.twitch.tv
Miami, FLlive-mia.twitch.tv
Chicago, ILlive-ord.twitch.tv
Sao Paulo, Brazillive-gru.twitch.tv
Rio de Janeiro, Brazillive-gig.twitch.tv
Chilelive-scl.twitch.tv
Argentinalive-eze.twitch.tv
London, UKlive-lhr.twitch.tv
Frankfurt, Germanylive-fra.twitch.tv
Amsterdam, Netherlandslive-ams.twitch.tv
Paris, Francelive-cdg.twitch.tv
Prague, Czech Republiclive-prg.twitch.tv
Stockholm, Swedenlive-arn.justin.tv
Warsaw, Polandlive-waw.twitch.tv
Hong Konglive-hkg.twitch.tv
Seoul, South Korealive-sel.twitch.tv
Singaporelive-sin.twitch.tv
Taipei, Taiwanlive-tpe.twitch.tv
Tokyo, Japanlive-tyo.twitch.tv
Sydney, Australialive-syd.twitch.tv

@RogersDave @Datalink @JohnBeaudin

Project Manager
Project Manager

Hey Community,

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. Just an update on Remote Play with PS Vita. I can confirm that you can remote into your PS4 from an external network(ex. LTE Hotspot or WiFi at a friend house) with both Firmware .26 & .27. I know it was previously reported that some people were having issues with this feature, as was I with previous tests on .26 . The only thing that changed since my previous tests, is that Sony/Playstation dropped two new software updates. 

If you haven't used the feature in a while, I would advise updating the software on your VITA & trying again. You may also need to port forward if UPNP is disabled on your router. 

Please let me know if you are still having troubles with the PS Vita Remote Play feature. If I don't hear from others I will mark the issue as closed soon. Thanks folks!

Smiley Happy

RogersKevin

I Plan to Stick Around

twitch.jpg

Latest ping plotter to twitch.  

https://www.twitch.tv/itswilwheaton

It took a long time for this one to load.  but it loaded.   Any thoughts on this one.

**edit**

Actually this stream has stopped completely now just chat

Mythen

I Plan to Stick Around

tracert video-edge-8a9219.sjc01.hls.ttvnw.net

Tracing route to science-edge-external-prod-73889260.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com [54.69.255.192]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

3 9 ms 11 ms 14 ms 67.231.222.253
4 49 ms 30 ms 39 ms 69.63.250.201
5 52 ms 46 ms 55 ms 209.148.229.241
6 53 ms 54 ms 55 ms 209.148.229.225
7 54 ms 54 ms 56 ms 209.148.229.222
8 66 ms 64 ms 65 ms ce-0-2-0-1.r06.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [128.241.3.189]
9 65 ms 69 ms * ae-5.r20.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.5]
10 118 ms 119 ms 135 ms ae-1.r20.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.42]
11 125 ms 124 ms 125 ms ae-28.r05.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.45]
12 125 ms 131 ms 133 ms ae-3.amazon.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [198.104.202.182]
13 139 ms 126 ms 136 ms 52.95.52.10
14 112 ms 111 ms 119 ms 52.95.53.145
15 133 ms 132 ms 133 ms 54.239.42.235
16 132 ms 134 ms 133 ms 54.239.43.134
17 126 ms 121 ms * 52.93.12.52
18 120 ms 124 ms 121 ms 52.93.12.37
19 159 ms * * 52.93.12.216
20 134 ms 135 ms 135 ms 52.93.12.247
21 120 ms 121 ms 121 ms 52.93.15.231
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersKevin

One thing I want to point out that my wife does stream and it works really well.  We can actually select the NY ingest server and it works great np.  Its the viewing of other streamers that's the problem

Mythen

@RogersKevin @RogersDave

Can't load any twitch broadcast at the moment, tried 5 different streamers and the screen just stays black, anything else work fine.

It's the first time it's not working at all, are you guys testing something that could do this?