Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

RogersDave wrote:

Welcome aboard @RogersKevin!

I have been working on the IPv6 issue with EA games for the last couple of days. I am working with some individuals on the XBOX team at Microsoft who happen to be IPv6 advocates so they are really trying to get this sorted out.

One ask that they had was to know your XBOX gamertag and an exact time when you tried matchmaking and failed on a EA game with IPv6 enabled. They will pull the relevant logs to better assess the situation.

On another topic, I've added to the issue list in the 2nd post and entry regarding buffering on Twitch. This still requires further investigation on our side with Amazon/Twitch.

Dave

Thanks @RogersDave

I'll make some more attempts & send you the information. In regards to Twitch, I have seen the reports for Community members.  After reading about the posts on Twitch issues in the past, I did two short tests but could not reproduce the issue.

Community, can you send me some of the channels you guys are watching on Twitch(the more the better) ? I would like to test them out during various times(morning,peak time etc). Will test Twitch some more & report back. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Doesn't seem to matter which twitch stream I am watching. It happens during the day but at prime time it crazy. I'll post some examples when I am watching.
I also want to point out that I wouldn't describe the issue as buffering. More like the stream completely freezes but chat is ok

Mythen
Project Manager
Project Manager

Mythen wrote:
Doesn't seem to matter which twitch stream I am watching. It happens during the day but at prime time it crazy. I'll post some examples when I am watching.
I also want to point out that I wouldn't describe the issue as buffering. More like the stream completely freezes but chat is ok

Mythen

Thanks @Mythen

I have the stream linked  here running right now. So far so good, I will leave it up & monitor.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am located in N-B, on 250/20 CODA modem.

The greatest improvement for me was D3.1 combined with .27 , since then my ping improved a bit and there is no packet loss. However the routing could be improved because I've ran several test with my neighbors on Bell and they have a much lower ping because they have a different routing. ( I've sent the logs to @RogersDave , but he's too busy to look at it now, maybe someone else can?)

Other than that there is the issue with twtich , especially during the day when you have the reload the page every 5-10 minute, and for some reason it only happen with Rogers, Bell don't have this issue.

When these 2 items will be fixed, I will be happy like a tree!

I Plan to Stick Around

11baf0d16466a26da376da9f91bb4262.png

I'm in Brampton, Ontario and play League of Legends every now and then. Pretty happy to see that my ping is anywhere between 25-40, and people are constantly asking how my ping is so low! It's hilarious!

I'm on the gigabit package running the 26T2 firmware on the Coda-4582. Great work so far!

- Hiitchy
I'm a Regular

When playing nhl 17 on the Xbox one it doesn't matter which game mode we play , drop in games, eashl online 6v6 , all of friends on rogers internet all have issues like me lag spikess, sluggish game play , , delay with other friends on bell have no issues , I feel like rogers ,ea/ Microsoft are not great for gaming
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersKevin

Twitch seems to be behaving currently. I mostly Saw it during peek times. I'll post an example when I experience it

Mythen
Project Manager
Project Manager

Thanks for the info @Mythen @JohnBeaudin

I had the stream running for 1.5 hrs while working on some other stuff and it did not freeze up. I did take a look at web code to find the server the video stream was coming from and ran some traces there as well. Going to test some more in the evening.

@Mythen did you happen to run a speed test when it was working fine ? Can you also run one when you are having the issue? Let me know if you notice any change.

Also I see you mentioned the stream will freeze, but chat still works. Does the video stream come back on the first refresh when it freezes up ? What browsers are you guys using ?

Thanks !
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersKevin

That's my speed test currently.  

Also I am using Chrome version 58. Its the latest version.  Also when Twitch freezes if I refresh the page it will come back or if I pause the stream and hit play again it will come back.  But when its really bad I have to this every 5 or 10 minutes

Mythen

I'm a Reliable Contributor

My speedtest is the same as Mythen, with Moncton as the host as well!

Tried on IE,edge,chrome,firefox all latest version and I can recreate the issue on any browser.

I use a Killer Ethernet adapter with a Cat7 Cable.

PC specs

i7 5930K OC 3.4gh

16 GB DDR4 

256SSD+ 4TB

GTX 980

I have not streamed twitch for a few days thought, I will try again later today and see if the issue is present but it was pretty bad the last 4 weeks.