Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

@RogersDave @RogersKevin 

Suffering high ping to NCSOFT's servers

Direct connection from Toronto To NCSOFT's servers

Y2Syv7aj3nA.pnghttps://share.pingplotter.com/gfjjcXfxVTx

When connect to VPN in Toronto, ping is much lower:

BFeRzihGoxy.png

https://share.pingplotter.com/ZDmWYiXVw8Q

144ms vs 53ms

I've Been Around

Horrendous upload speed to Twitch

Upload speed was a stable 10 mbps until a few days ago. Now it's dropped to an unstable 3-6 mbps, according to several speed-test sites. On the Twitch bandwidth test, it's even more ludicrously bad:

This is downtown Toronto btw. Is this a known issue? Am I being throttled? Twitch streaming is impossible right now. Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

Horrible ping for the past few weeks

Hi,

For the past few week I had horrible ping with my rogers services & was wondering if anyone else had that issue. I live in New Brunswick & all my friend that have rogers has the same issue. Those with Bell do not have it. The issue is this: While playing online video games, I usually had a ping of 50-80. Now it can go all the way to 150-180. That amount of ping is making games unplayable because there is too much delay & rubberbanding. I went on speedtest.net to try connecting to different servers & the issue seems to arise as soon as I am connecting to servers from Maine (which probably cause the issue for my online games). When i connect to a manitoba server for example, I get 55 ping. A server from Maine gives me 93 ping (which should not happens as it is much closer to my location). I have been with rogers for a few years & never had this problem. Now it has been a few weeks and I constantly get it. I have contacted Rogers & they say I need to change my modem. As all my friends using Rogers has the same issue, which started at the same time, I would bet my modem is in great shape. Getting another one would be a 3h drive for me to get to the nearest rogers store so I cannot try that at the moment. Needless to say, this is very frustrating & I hope it gets fixed soon. Anyone else have this issue?

**I wrote this in english for better visibility but if someone from rogers wants to call me to discuss this, please have a French representative contact me. My oral skills in english are not good.

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anybody's ping improved to Overwatch? I'm now getting around 25-30ms when before the lowest I could get when jitter wasn't acting up was around 37ms. I used to get 25-30ms with a program, Haste.net, that would optimize routing to Overwatch and League of Legends servers, but I don't use it anymore.

I'm wondering if Rogers maybe made routing improvements to OW/Amazon servers, if there was some other back-end change, or if what I'm seeing is just a fluke for some reason.

Edit: obviously I spoke too soon. As soon as I unpaused the custom game I was in, my ping went back up to around 37-40ms. Really weird...

I Plan to Stick Around

Paying over $100/month for worse ping and lag than back in the @home days for ~$30/month. This is getting old. We need proper performance, download speed isn't everything. Rogers, start doing something about the routing/pings and underperforming modem/CMTS hardware!

I Plan to Stick Around

Same issue here. I think it's a problem with amazon servers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Last couple of weeks trying to stream to twitch has been brutal. My upload speed to the twitch injest servers is all over the place and not stable. Pauses on play back. If needed I can provide a URL for the video which shows what I am talking about
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Mythen

@RogersKevin @RogersDave

Streaming to twitch is also a brutal experience for me, the upload can't stay consistent, it drops and then it causes spikes to my viewers.

I am on Ignite 250/20 , so technically I could stream at max bitrate 6000 without any issues since it's only 6 MBS, however I had to lower down as much as 2500 (2.5 mbs) to be able to stream and make it not too bad for the viewer while still holding a decent quality.

I don't think much can be done, I remember the download acting the same way on D3.0 and only D3.1 fixed it. So I assume only D3.1 upstream will finally fix that and I will be able to stream at higher bitrate and being consistent on twitch.

Until then it's 2500 kbs and I have to cross my fingers for the spikes not to happen too often.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Good evening everyone, 

Is anybody having high extremely high ping in League of Legends as of now? I have multiple friends in Rogers who are having the same problem. 

I did use logs of lag to cover the raw network data into a graph but it showed minimal packet loss. The ping average is at 150ms right now. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve been suffering from high ping/latency issues with Battlefield 1 for about a month now. I’ve identified the problem (I think) after much back and forth between Rogers and EA tech support.

I ran a trace route and it appears the bottleneck is a place called Akamai Technologies; everything is stable up until there.

Does anyone know who I should contact to resolve this issue? Who exactly is responsible for the routing involved in these type of situations?

screenshot_965.jpg