Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

The PS3 and PS4 are only ipv4 currently.

There shouldn't be any need to forward ports if the NAT shows up as Type 2, but I agree if you manually forward ports then you need to set a Static IP address.

I'm Here A Lot

So all i need to do is set my upnp on my router off and remove my port forwarding i have done. Also do i need to reset my ps3 and use the auto setup but make sure that UPNP is set off also on the ps3 or do i manually need to set up the ip etc again on my ps3. Also i did set up a static IP for the PS3 with the port forwarding, Guess that was all for nothing still takes forever to load GTA5 but not loosing connection anymore , just slow to load stuff.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Steve613 is the PS3 connected via ethernet or wifi?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Runshan have you made any progress with your internet issues?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave @RogersKevin

So I just put together a brand new Ryzen 7 1700 system. This CPU is susposed to be a great streaming Chip. Testing twitch today using the Toronto server. We will see how things go
I Plan to Stick Around

So twitch injest servers are seriously bad for us currently. Tried TO server. And Quebec server. My upload in OBS is set to 2500kb/s. Should be able to do 3500 but it's unusable. The upload is not constant. Instead of staying around 2500 its all over the place. It goes to a low of less than 600 and everything in between. Need some help here please
Project Manager
Project Manager

Is GTA 5 the only game you are having issue with? From my experience, the game itself has been very problematic in the past. Lots of hanging, joining matches with only a few players in the session etc. Find players for missions also takes a while.

I was playing on PS4 a few months ago and it's was much better compared to when the game first launched.

RogersKevin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersKevin I certainly agree as well. Early on when the game launched, loading into lobbies on my PS3 has been problematic. Like you said, lots of hanging, joining lobbies with very few players. 

I was playing it a few months ago on my PC and loading times have been faster. 

I've Been Around

Hello all

I live in southeastern Manitoba about 60 miles from the American/Canadian border.  I use Rogers Wireless Internet (with a Rocket Hub) to connect to a World of Tanks game server.  The game server is located in Chicago.  My ping runs around 100 to 120 - which is not bad.

But I have just recently connected to the game server (login-p3.worldoftanks.com) with PingPlotter and now realize that the numerous hops takes me from my location in the centre of Canada to the west coast, then to Seattle and then back to Chicago.  Definitely not the "shortest" distance.  To be honest - this route is crazy Smiley Surprised

Is there any way to improve this issue?  Something in the future?  That is - to connect from say Winnipeg, hop to say Minneapolis and finally hop to Chicago.  Please let me know.  And thank you!

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi I have been trying to figure out why I keep disconnecting from the game and reconnecting like a heart beat. It is very frustrating and just unplayable. It also makes my friends who I play with really frustrated and this makes me feels very embarrassed to say that I am with Rogers when it comes to who provides my internet service. 
I have contacted the game company tech support to see what they believe might be the problem. They told me that the connection is very unstable. I may be getting a fast speed but if it isn't stable then that is where everything crumbles to the ground. 

Can anyone please help me out here or I am ready to switch and never come back to Rogers.

Thank you

ps. I am happy to provide more info. if needed.